·
Registered
3,455 Posts
what type ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going for the ZPI, but since I posted my new found gift...I was told that its installed under the car and in Miami, that is a no go. We are in search right now for supercharge. Plus I also found out that its not the same turbo kit that was being previously sold. That the piping is smaller and its actually slower than the video they show on their website. Plus it throws out the check engine light, which I am not to keen on. Stay tuned for updates.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey.. I am her fiancee.. I havn't bought it for her yet.. i told her i did but then i got scared.. i was looking at the ZPI kit.. but the turbo being so close to the floor scares me.. we live in florida and when it rains it floods.. im scared this thing will suck up all the water!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Boosted_Lunchbox said:
hey.. I am her fiancee.. I havn't bought it for her yet.. i told her i did but then i got scared.. i was looking at the ZPI kit.. but the turbo being so close to the floor scares me.. we live in florida and when it rains it floods.. im scared this thing will suck up all the water!
A big welcome to you too, Bro!

Say, are you two planning to make a run down the 1/4 mile on the wedding day?!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
How about the Greddy or the Blitz systems ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If we do the 1/4, it will be in our hatchies....LOL!!!!

But seriously...this turbo thing has us scratching our heads. We are NOW thinking of Nitrous. Who knows.....

But anyways the Greddy only gives you an additional 45 HP and thats a lot of money just for that.

Blitz?? Thats why I love this forum...more info every time!!! I'll check it our and keep you updated.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i think the greddy system is better....but with the box....nitrus is the way to go........you get the same bang for less buck.....get my drift?......and with the turbo you need to ugrade alot of crap like, clutch and other crap like that........i've done some resarch.....talk to frog box if you want to go with juice......

·
Registered
82 Posts
The ZPI turbo placments have now been moved up 3"to 4" higher into the exhaust cavity.. So height is now not a problem for the turbo.. They also offer an extension for the intake (snorkel) so you can have the filter in the engine bay. As for the CEL.. If you have ever read any of Rollhards post, he will tell you you will get a CEL with the Greddy kit also.. It is a common occurence when running F/I on these cars. Turbo will net you the most whp out of all. The SC will increase your whp to a good point, but whp per dollar is very low also.. Nitrous can be run safely on these cars, but can cause the same issue as a TC or SC and you have to refill the bottle and what not.. Either way adding more and more whp to our boxes make them so much more fun to drive, but all have there drawbacks in some way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ogerdgonz said:
4 major things that scare me about that kit:
1. Internal wastgate, There have been some tC people on SL who have gotten Greddy kits with IW and there actuators were damaged in shipping.. this cause the wastgate acuator to not open and blows the engine.. So if you guys ever get a turbo with a, internal wastgate acuator, please please check it for damage.
2.Engine Managment, It dosent state what type the Engine managment it is.. Emanage Blue is the main stay for Managment right now.. Not bashing the one that comes with the kit, but who knows how well it works.
3.Whp gains- 20% If your xB is pushing 100whp now with the turbo you will only have 120 whp for $3200.. kinda scary.
4. Why is there a roll of toilet paper with this kit.. see pic..:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cool, Im new to this site and don't know many people. Was wandering if Rollhard had any timeslips or dyno info regarding the Greddy turbo kit. I seen on a timpeslip website an xb with a Greddy turbo and zpi head etc 13's 1/4. I would like to know what some turbo xb's have seen really as far as hp.

·
Registered
82 Posts
XBMAN26 said:
Cool, Im new to this site and don't know many people. Was wandering if Rollhard had any timeslips or dyno info regarding the Greddy turbo kit. I seen on a timpeslip website an xb with a Greddy turbo and zpi head etc 13's 1/4. I would like to know what some turbo xb's have seen really as far as hp.
I think Rollhard, that last that I knew Dynoed at 140whp.. Not sure if he has taken it down the 1/4 mile thou.. I know he did do some auto crossing in it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just wanna go fast :(

I dont want us to pay so much money for 30-40 HP. I mean our hatchies are fast, but damnit money's been invested. $3000 is wayyy to much for such a small increase.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
i'm getting turkey too!

I'm getting turkey too and gravy and mashed potatoes!!!!! I can't wait for dinner...oh, wait a minute...that says turby. Oh! My bad...sorry hijack over. :D

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
I'm getting turkey too and gravy and mashed potatoes!!!!! I can't wait for dinner...oh, wait a minute...that says turby. Oh! My bad...sorry hijack over. :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Now thats funny ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.