Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several pics of Scion engine bays with spark plug wires in them. WHY???????

We have coil-on-plug ignition, no wires needed, how much more effecient can you get?

Or have those same cars that have spark plug wires been converted back to distributor systems to work with a stan alone fuel system or something. I still don't understand why you would do that because if I spent the money on a stand alone, I'd install a crank angle sensor and make sure my car runs on coil packs or coil-on-plug ignition.

Enlighten me please.

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
It a very good looking mod. You may need hotter ignition with forced induction or if using some very fancy plugs, sustained super high RPM or something. Think of it as 22in wheels.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't understand how nology wires add power. I mean the stock coil-on-plug ignition has no spark plug wires making the distance the spark has to travel like zero. I don't care how effecient a spark plug wire is it still adds distance and resistance and thus makes it worse.

I'm just looking for someone to come in here and give me information to tell me if I'm wrong or not.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Why hasent anyone made higher voltage coils. Nology says the capicitor discharges faster. complete BS in my book.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I always wondered where my wires were...(the room gets quiet)
<--------Just walks away...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I guess people buy them because they look cool and they help livin up the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It's just for looks. It will hurt performance but you probably won't feel it, but if you had wires you get COP(coil on plug) to be cool right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.