Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uht Oh!!!

:( I ended up not buying those but dang, I got swept up in a bidding thing for some leather seat covers...BUT afterwards realized that you have to take the seats out...take off the cloth and then put these on...

of course I can't do it myself... what kind of place would do this for me and *gulp* how much are they going to charge?

Here's a link to the covers I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...E:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&viewitem=&item=120043522227

·
Registered
552 Posts
FoxNBox said:
:( I ended up not buying those but dang, I got swept up in a bidding thing for some leather seat covers...BUT afterwards realized that you have to take the seats out...take off the cloth and then put these on...

of course I can't do it myself... what kind of place would do this for me and *gulp* how much are they going to charge?

Here's a link to the covers I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...E:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&viewitem=&item=120043522227
I would say your best bet would be to call around and ask. Unless someone from your area can refer you to a shop, the price could be way off just based on areas diff pricing.
Those do look cool, and for $225 hell of a deal if they are real leather. If anyone has bought these chime in, I too would like to know if these are any good. I hate seat covers and would LOVE leather seats.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gargamel said:
I would say your best bet would be to call around and ask. Unless someone from your area can refer you to a shop, the price could be way off just based on areas diff pricing.
Those do look cool, and for $225 hell of a deal if they are real leather. If anyone has bought these chime in, I too would like to know if these are any good. I hate seat covers and would LOVE leather seats.
yeah they DO look nice.:) I paid $260 in all. prolly cost $2000 to put them in!:eek: IF SO... you can buy these from me lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bet they could be done for a few 100 bills. Hell isn't the top seat part just held on by zipties. I bet this would be a easy DIY job.

Keep us (or me) posted on the quality of the kit. I'd love to have leather, easy to wipe up when you have kids :D I have only had the box a few months and already have stains :mad: I hate cloth seats!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to this guy you have to remove the cloth covers first. Zipties only? I was invisioning cutting fabric etc. What was I thinking, the Japanese would make it simple. But I would still need to remove the seats right? Yeah...DIY! lol not for me! It's a GSETDIFY (Get someone else to do it for you)!

Youre right about the cloth...xB interiors get yucky quickly even without kids!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Just take it to an upholstery shop. Probably take them a couple hours compared to taking you a whole weekend to have them still look wrinkled and loose. Shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred to have them installed. Upholstery is a *****, I've done a little at work and hated it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
here's some advice I got from a guy on scionlife.com:
"...you will actually have to take off the front seat material...it is easy, it's made to come off. I'd take the seats out of the car to install the covers you will need some patience.

on the backs of the front seats you'll want to turn the new seats inside out and put them on kinda like a rubber (sorry only thing I could think of) bottom of seats will be pretty easy.

do them one at a time ( take the old cover off then put the new one on) it will help you better understand and make the switch more easy.

the back seat covers will be glued over the exisiting ones

if you don't have the time and want to get them installed call around to local upholstery shops

Yah gotta love that rubber analogy hehe :eek:

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Putting on seat covers is not brain surgery but is a lot of work and you should have the right tools. To make the leather fit nice and tight you should shoot steam under them so you can stretch them tight. A friend of mine had an upholstery shop and I use to help him with installs when I was younger. Like Padanky said it's about 1-2 hrs work for a good installer so shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred maybe cheaper if it's not a real busy shop.
Maybe even cheaper if you flirt a little....:p j/k LOL
I know I'm such a sexest pig...lmao

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
um...yeah...youre a little strange,:cool: but I'm getting used to you ;)

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
cool

i like these :) :)
please let us know if its complete front and back ie;
5 headrest covers 3 pieces for rear seats and 4 for front seats total 12
pictures of kit and after install would also be awsome ;) ;)

i guess there would be more if door panels are included

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sdsnybny said:
i like these :) :)
please let us know if its complete front and back ie;
5 headrest covers 3 pieces for rear seats and 4 for front seats total 12
pictures of kit and after install would also be awsome ;) ;)

i guess there would be more if door panels are included
i know you guys like pix; Want me to take pix of the install process too? ;) I am pretty sure everything is included. I'll be very upset if a piece is missing! I love the Scion logos!:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, here are some pix of the leather front car seats:

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
no fair

those are copies of e-bay pics:eek: :eek: :eek: we want pics of the whole kit when you get it. nice try, ;) b- for effort though :p

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sdsnybny said:
those are copies of e-bay pics:eek: :eek: :eek: we want pics of the whole kit when you get it. nice try, ;) b- for effort though :p
:eek: busted!

Actually I was practicing for "the real thing" lol

I talked to the seller yesterday and I should have them by the end of the week. I called my Scion rep and he recommended a guy who said he would charge $500 (I was on the phone so I couldn't flirt effectively hehe) but the seller said $2-$300 should get a good job done. He said these were actually made as a special issue by Toyota. Cool huh? He (****) said he had 2 more sets of these left and would sell them for what I paid. (I guess yah just tell him youre a close personal friend of Anna :p )

My interior is black now, do you think the charcol will look okay? I love the red leather accents and the logo.

Next stop...cruuuuuuiiiiise control. :D

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
ok

will let you off the hook ;) ;) I'm interested in the red/black also want to see how (if any) the red accents are on door panels and rear seats

"it will look mavelous dear simply mavelous" ------leather is always good

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
I think those are going to look so good. Shop around for install prices but also take a look at some of their work so you'll know that they do the job right. Install is not the hard part of the business it's the cutting and sewing as far as how the end product looks. Since yours is pre fab if they are made right just about any shop can install but if they are poorly made then it will take some talent to make them look right. So be sure to ask to see some of their work if they are good they should be proud to show it off.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.