Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is 10:04pm on 2.8.06. Just watching the KCRA news channel 3. They had a story on (Which is not posted on there website yet. www.kcra.com ) where they have busted a ring (chop shop) in sac. where they were stealing and striping scions xB 04 and 05's. So if you have had on stolen recently, you might want to contact the sacramento sherriff or police department. In the report I was able to see a stripped down TCM and Blue one in the background.
I just thought that you guys should know just in case you or someone you know has had one stolen.

·
Registered
281 Posts
what a bunch of lil punks if my box was taken and they found it at a pad ohhh man that whole house would be burnt to the groud!!!! for sure

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
From what I have heard, it is REALLY easy to bypass the Scion Security...so those of you who have that installed....Get aftermarket

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
At least LoJack can help you find the bigger pieces. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would have to concure on that one!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Gee.. i usually spend weekends in my in-law's place in Sacramento since they take care of my daughter during weekdays... Once i get my RS3, i would have to ask my in-laws to take out their car and put my RS3 into the garage.... :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
chris from team nvs .his car was one of 3 xbs stolen that night.his car was found in rocklin with 4 different wheels no seats everything stripped and his car audio gear and parts were found at that house in north highlands.the only way they contacted chris was they has stripped his air bags and ofcourse those have serial #s.refering back to his car.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
debris said:
chris from team nvs .his car was one of 3 xbs stolen that night.his car was found in rocklin with 4 different wheels no seats everything stripped and his car audio gear and parts were found at that house in north highlands.the only way they contacted chris was they has stripped his air bags and ofcourse those have serial #s.refering back to his car.
I think that sucks!! After talking to Chris, he said it must have happened between 130am and 530am right in front of his house!! The one good thing is that he and his fiance were not hurt and a car can be replaced. I'm glad they caught the punks!!:mad:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
And I worry about getting rear-ended!

It would suck to get another car stolen.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree! It sucks that Chris (or anyones) car was one of the cars that got stripped. But I AM VERY Glad that they caught the guys. I hope that Chris got his stuff back!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
BoomBox said:
From what I have heard, it is REALLY easy to bypass the Scion Security...so those of you who have that installed....Get aftermarket

This is buggin' me. My husband has Scion Security on his xb and I thought that was what I was getting on mine. Turns out unbeknownst to us we had signed up for aftermarket (Automate) which I was totally pissed about. I didn't want what I felt was JUNK on my car. I mean, they drilled a hole in my dash for the light/switch! Plus it's a real bugger to figure out the modes. For some reason it was going into panic mode, I told them to rip that piece of crap out before I did it myself! (They unhooked it and I am supposed to bring it back in to replace the system with SS)

I guess my question is, do I have a crappy alarm? Is Scion Security really not better than what I've got? Should I just stick with this one? It is Automate AM1. Opinions please, and possibly links to where the above information comes from? Thanks! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.