Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......then how come you can still go to the Scion web-site and build your own xB? Is it because they haven't sold them all yet? The web site sure doesn't say anything about how you better do it quick cause we aren't making em anymore. I had a hard time finding one available when I bought mine in 2005, so it seems like they would go fast once they quit making them.

Maybe that's a dumb question, but it seems odd to me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I really don't know all the answers to that one but;
I built mine online (base) with auto tranny.
Went to the dealer. Test drove a used one that they had in the lot.
Being happy with the box, I gave them 500$ for the deposit and they logged into some kind of web site listing all the available XB's with my color and their location.
Mine was sitting at the entry port in the US.(wherever that might be).
They acquired it right on line and said 2 weeks until it gets here.
I really don't know if they order them directly from a storage lot in Japan or if they only can grab what is already here in the US.

·
Registered
552 Posts
my guess would be cause there are so many still on the lots, hell my dealer still had an 05 last time I was there. You get like 9-12 to choose from up here.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I think the port for PA is New York. Mine is Portland, OR.

They stopped BUILDING the xA and xB in Japan on the last day of last year. Therefore they are still shipping out. Dealers should still see new xBs showing up on lots until the end of the month depending on what was allocated.

Expect availability to get VERY short this month though. If anybody is considering buying a new xA or xB they need to get it NOW or risk not getting what they want.

-Alex

·
Registered
426 Posts
The last models they built in Japan were 2004 and 2005. Every xb after that is assembled in Canada.

·
Registered
426 Posts
What would limiting the Xb's do to the value of the RS 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 ? They are already limited afterall.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The last models they built in Japan were 2004 and 2005. Every xb after that is assembled in Canada.
Sorry, still made and assembled in Japan.

That's a 2006.5 on my lot right now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I might be 1 Frenchfry short of a happy meal, but I always thought that shiploads of cars arriving from Japan would be all arriving on the West coast.
I always assumed rail or car carrier from West to East to deliver Japanese cars to the East Coast.
I guess the Panama canal is the preferred transition via cargo vessel for Scions to the East Coast, and then to the New York harbor.
Being a good ole country boy, I guess I learn something new everyday!:eek:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I might be 1 Frenchfry short of a happy meal, but I always thought that shiploads of cars arriving from Japan would be all arriving on the West coast.
I always assumed rail or car carrier from West to East to deliver Japanese cars to the East Coast.
I guess the Panama canal is the preferred transition via cargo vessel for Scions to the East Coast, and then to the New York harbor.
Being a good ole country boy, I guess I learn something new everyday!:eek:
just think how much they'd have to spend unloading the boat, loading a rail car, then unloading a rail car. Not only the extra time but wages for all those workers.

Or

just pay the canal and keep boating to the east cost, + those boats have more than just cars, they hold a **** load of containers.

Think of it on a smaller scale, if you were to send a box coast to coast here, would you send it ups to Kansas then Fed ex the rest of the way? Or on ecompany the whole way.
I think it would be something similar with Toyota.

I worked for a company that boat our machines from seattle to UK, rather than rail them across USA and boat out of the east. It was cheaper and faster.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
They also come in through the port of Houston, and get configured at Gulf Coast Toyota which is not a dealership but a config center, they put all teh RS stuff on the RS vehicles.

I do know that the Ford truck plant up in Louisville loads trucks on rail cars, and here in Houston, off of Louetta Rd and Hardy Rd you can see them being unloaded and stored in huge lots. If you were balsy enough you could go steal one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
OK, so once we have all the XB vehicles from Japan.
Can dealers still go to a availability list and find 06 Scion XB's at other dealers?
Is there any incentive for a dealer to give a toaster up to another dealer if a customer needs it?
I am wondering if by that time the no haggle pricing will still be in effect?
grizzly_choppers may have hit the nail on the head in his previous reply on this thread. You may not get what you want.:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.