Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd do this because I bet i'm not the only one out there who has this question in there mind everytime they change a part out..

Exhaust / No
Intake / No
Header / No
Fuel Rail
Pulley
Turbo
Supercharger
Cam Gear
Intake Manifold

Help Me Out and I'll Just Add On... and if you know if it will or won't affect your warranty just post the part and either yes or no :)

ex. exhaust / no :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
turbo/yes
cam gear/yes
supercharger/yes
fuel rail/yes
intake manifold/yes....

all these completely depend on the considered portion of the warranty. if you add a fuel rail then of course you suspension warranty is all good still.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
wow wow wow. everytime someone brings up this thread theres needs to be clarification. under the magnusson v. moss law, the ONLY way a dealership can void a warranty on a PART, is if that part that was defective was a result of a modification YOU did. everyone is saying no for exhaust, but if you modded it from the cat back, along with header, and then your cat goes out from gettin too much build up or somethin, you better watch yourself. this may not be a good example, but the dealership has to PROVE that the part that is defective was casued by you. you're innocent until proven guilty. look up the law on yahoo and it will give better examples and explain it better than my lame ass can. hope this helps.

scotty

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Okay, here's my "Warranty Speech". I give this to everybody and it seems to clarify things. It relies on your common sense so many people like it for that reason. Here it goes.

"If you install a part or make a modification to your car and it fails or causes something on the car to fail you can't expect the factory to be responsible to pay for that, can you?"

Simple, no?

-Alex

·
Registered
29 Posts
so if i add rocket launchers and maybe a minigun on sides and hood does that void warranty and if not does anyone know how much weight i should stop at when loading the ammo barrels?...still wanna be able to drag ya know? :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Phreshnphunky said:
i wonder, since im going to buy a car only available in the states, if when i purchase my xB....will the warrenty still be valid up north.

Wow, that's a REALLY good question. I do know that we have done warranty work on Canadian and Mexican Toyotas, but since there is no Scion outside the US it could be tricky.

I would highly suggest calling the dealership you would use up north and asking them about the situation before you do anything.

Sorry I can't help more!

-Alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Wow, that's a REALLY good question. I do know that we have done warranty work on Canadian and Mexican Toyotas, but since there is no Scion outside the US it could be tricky.

I would highly suggest calling the dealership you would use up north and asking them about the situation before you do anything.

Sorry I can't help more!

-Alex

nah im not overly concerned. The anticipated purchase date is within the next few months [no exact time yet] and with that i know that i will probably do things to it to void the warrenty anyways.

I have access to a full shop for diagnostic testing if need be, and with the amount of support i have surrounding me in regards to auto repairs, im not at all concerned.

It was just a general question if i felt lazy to repair something.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Phreshnphunky said:
i wonder, since im going to buy a car only available in the states, if when i purchase my xB....will the warrenty still be valid up north.
Bought the wifey's xB from a Toyota dealership near Toronto.

The car has FULL warranty through Toyota Canada. Not sure how it would work if you purchased the car in the US and brought it up here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Drewspeed_xB said:
Bought the wifey's xB from a Toyota dealership near Toronto.

The car has FULL warranty through Toyota Canada. Not sure how it would work if you purchased the car in the US and brought it up here.

im actually going through a partnership importing company in vancouver that deals with a scion/toyota dealership out in seattle.

·
Registered
333 Posts
supercharger/no...if purchasing a TRD one and have the dealer install it...but good luck trying to get the TRD one..

·
Registered
61 Posts
The dealer I bought mine from told me that any mod that I did... be it i,h,e would void my warranty on that particular part. What is messed up is that the sales person told me that "the scions are made to be customized and that whatever I did wouldn't void my warranty" so I bought it and then asked the service guy about installing my Zex kit and he told me that any part I added that wasn't factory spec would void my warranty one that particular part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.