Scion xB Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,447 Posts
Wasn’t aware there was a difference in tunnel. Should have known. Was just looking at the unused mounts in tunnel area.
I'm not 100% there is but I seem to remember there being a difference in the rear seat design and the floor between the seat and the center console. It's been a couple years since I checked so double check to make sure.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Between weather (working outside), family issues and such, it is slow going. Contacted Frankenstein Motorworks about headers they make for the MR2 2GR-FE swap. No fit. No luck finding a stock rear manifold to make this a simple swap. So looks like i will be purchasing the header flanges and building my own. Only 2 core XB radiator I have been able to find is for a manual trans. I'm using an automatic which needs the trans cooler. Hate to go custom, but may have to. I'm already about $3000 into this project, so it isn't cheap.

·
1,447 Posts
Yeah, all the aluminum radiators that are available for the xB are only built for manual trans. Thankfully a trans cooler is relatively cheap compared to the rest of the parts you'll have to make. I guess the big question is going to be how are your welding skills? Or are you going to have to out source that? I've gotten to the point in some of my build that I've decided it's time to learn welding.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Tig I do pretty good. Mig is ok but I struggle with stick welding. It's been years since doing any alunimum welding. But I have some coworkers that are excellent.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I step forward and 2 steps back. Did some slicing and dicing on the RAV4 manifold and got it to fit the tunnel. But it interferes with the front pipe. Will do some slicing on it. Been saving money back and ordered a set of headers from Frankenstein Motorworks. Guess I’ll be the guinea pig As to weather they will actually work or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Got the Frankenstein Motorworks headers Saturday. Only difference I see is a slight difference in angle on outlet flange. Rear header hits AWD housing rear drive. Don’t know how it will clear FWD transmission. Front header hits dipstick. Dipstick tube can be bent to clear. I tried both headers in each location to see if there was any difference.

Attachments

·
1,447 Posts
Looks like once you have a FWD tranny in there it'll clear easily. From the picture it looks like it's just hitting the transfer case output for the driveshaft. It's getting closer.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
That’s what it’s hitting. Tried both headers. Seem identical except for angle of discharge flange being different between the 2.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts