Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been searching High and Low online about this swap..... no one has done it? please let me know if it is at all possible I have a shop I can do the work at and I am looking for a donor car.... but if the newer camrys come with 2.4 or 3.5 engine option why wont it work?

thanks all!!

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
There's not really a reason it shouldn't work, given time, money, and fabrication skills.

The big things are going to be motor mounts, wiring, and the ECU.

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Tc1 will work with the swap. The xb2 is essentially a tc1 subframe so it should drop in.

---------- Post added 06-19-2013 at 01:44 PM ----------

Also, the v6 camary uses a different engine cradel than the 4cyl. I'm not sure exactly what is the differences but ill try to find out.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Paul, a member on Scionlife and NewScionXB did some preliminary research on the wiring. Haven't been able to contact him yet. But he did mention the RAV4 as a possible candidate. It uses the same 2 plug computer and is mounted in same location. Camry computer is located under the dash on passenger side.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Wish it was that simple. Found 3 more plugs mounted in the fuse box that are tied into the engine harness. As well as the power cable from the alternator. And the plugs are different between the xB and the RAV4.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Connection for the 3 engine harness plugs and power cable for RAV4. And the 3 engine harness plugs and power cable for the xB.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I bought a running, 07 V6 AWD RAV4 to make sure I have all the wiring bits.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
About 110 extra horsepower and 80 ft/lb of torque. Have only seen pics of 1 completed. Someone in Japan did it in a Rumion. Have been unable to find info on build. So I'm trying it as a challenge to myself.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts