Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was reading an old thread and a fellow xb'ist...had switched to mobil 1 (i think it was synthedic blend).....and he went from 30-33mpg to 35-37mpg...i think this is impressive, almost too good to be true!.....so i was wondering if anyone has done this to their car with the same results? or is there an even better oil to use?.......let me know....im open to all comments:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I switched to Mobile 1 Full Synthethic... Im not sure if it helped increase my MPG, becuase I beat on my car pretty good. But it did help quite noise's that come from the engine itself.. I have heard simulair things as that before thou about increase in MPG... I would switch anyways because it supposed to help with the longevity of the engine.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah....last oil change i asked the guy about how much it would cost and he said the synthetic dosent do anything......but what does he know......he basically talked me out of getting it.....lol weird...:rolleyes:

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
i run castrol syntec in mine doesnt improve gas mileage be nice if it did . The synthetic oil just keeps the engine cleaner because it doesnt break down like regular oil does cause of the synthetic blends in the oil .

·
Registered
368 Posts
German Castrol here ( yes hard to find), it's a full syn oil and have no problems. Slight improvement in MPG.

Our engines are sludge makers, that in itself is a good reason to switch to syn, weither it be Super Tech from wally world or mobil 1, or like I use, GC( and it happens to be green just like my car)

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I too switched over to synthetic at the first oil change, and I noticed a difference in a few key areas. My car idled more quietly and start-up sounded 'cleaner'. If I wasn't so damned pedal heavy (I live right off a highway and in order to not get creamed I need to push to the 4k rpm range, I might have noticed a change in mpg - though I still fill up every 1.5 weeks or so. I also noticed an increase in engine response, but that could just be all in my head.

I highly suggest a switch to synthetic. I've owned 5 other cars besides my xB, and they've all been on the good ol' synthetic oils. I can tell you from experience that it really does make a difference, though I am not a mechanic, and don't claim to be.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great guys.....this is the stuff i want too hear....even if it dosent help the mpg....it sounds like it helps just about everywhere else:) i guess it cant hurt to let her drink red wine instead of beer huh?lol;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.