Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , purchased a 2005 Scion xB about 4 months ago. The Scion has raceland coilovers on it. I like the look but hate the ride. The last owner adjusted the coilovers to raise it some. I can ride on the highway pretty smooth, but around town is another story. The ride is to hard. I hit a bump and I feel my teeth rattling. I can have passenger in back it rubs bad. I am an older guy. I want a ride as smooth as possible. I drove it Labor Day and trued to go up an driveway and cracked the rear spoiler. Just to hard of a ride and to low. I want to go back stock height with a better ride. Any suggestions

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
59 Posts
Hello , purchased a 2005 Scion xB about 4 months ago. The Scion has raceland coilovers on it. I like the look but hate the ride. The last owner adjusted the coilovers to raise it some. I can ride on the highway pretty smooth, but around town is another story. The ride is to hard. I hit a bump and I feel my teeth rattling. I can have passenger in back it rubs bad. I am an older guy. I want a ride as smooth as possible. I drove it Labor Day and trued to go up an driveway and cracked the rear spoiler. Just to hard of a ride and to low. I want to go back stock height with a better ride. Any suggestions
One thing to keep in mind as part of your evaluation is the tires. I had extremely low profile tires so I went with smaller (16”) stock rims with a higher profile tire. It changed the ride immensely. Always trade offs…

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing to keep in mind as part of your evaluation is the tires. I had extremely low profile tires so I went with smaller (16”) stock rims with a higher profile tire. It changed the ride immensely. Always trade offs…
It has 17 inch wheel on it

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,610 Posts
Smaller wheel/more sidewall, less drop, and/or better coil overs.

You've got two inch larger wheels than stock, so less sidewall and a stiffer ride. The car has been lowered, less suspension travel and stiffer valving on the shock and struts. Raceland is absolute entry level for coil overs, the whole setup doesn't cost much more than some quality brand lowering springs. Corners have to be cut to get that price point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smaller wheel/more sidewall, less drop, and/or better coil overs.

You've got two inch larger wheels than stock, so less sidewall and a stiffer ride. The car has been lowered, less suspension travel and stiffer valving on the shock and struts. Raceland is absolute entry level for coil overs, the whole setup doesn't cost much more than some quality brand lowering springs. Corners have to be cut to get that price point.
What would it take to go back to stock? What are the best shocks and springs

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,610 Posts
What would it take to go back to stock? What are the best shocks and springs
For back to stock I would get some KYB shocks and struts and find a set of used stock springs. This will give you a much softer ride and be less jarring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it were me, I would just look for some factory direct replacement shocks and springs on Ebay (I don't care what brand... any aftermarket maker) Not the cheapest though. I would probably roll on 15"s and even with stock everything, you can still corner quite fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts