Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it. I traded my 2001 Dodge 2500 (5.9L V8 4X4) for a 2006 Thunder Cloud Metalic xB. I saw them when they first came out in Las Vegas. I fell in love at first sight. They are awsome looking units. Well I moved to Minnesota, so I bought a truck. I got tired of the 9 mpg, so something had to be done. I went and test drove an xB. The only one they had on the lot was an automatic. Well it was just a little too weak for me. So I bought a Manual. Since there were no manuals at the lot they have to ship one in from Madison, Wisconsin. So I have to wait until Monday to get my new toaster.:( Well, I guess it is something to look foreward to. The first thing I want to do is get some wheels. I need to know if I need wheel spacers if I want to put 18's on my xB. I appreteate all your input. Thanks -Jake

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Congrats!!

Who wants to get 9 mpg these days!!

I have 18's, they're 18x8's and I DO need spacers!! I think it might depend on the offset and personal preference. :)

WELCOME TO CLUBxB!! :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Congratulations!!!! I picked my box up last weekend, and I love it. I was always a truck and 4x4 guy, but to fill this thing up from empty with a $20 bill, was a real nice feeling. You will save a fortune in gas. You came to the right place too, these folks know boxes, trust me. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I am

I am a builder. I am in business with my brother and my dad. I used to haul stuff, but they both have trucks, so let them do that hauling crap. It will be nice to have $20 fill the tank too. My truck had a 36 gallon tank, so it usually cost me about $70-$80 to fill it. Not to mention that I usually go through 2 tanks a week! I will be nice.:)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Glad to have you with us, Jakeman! (BTW, is that your real name?)

Anyway, concerning the spacers: Yes, your wheel offset will determine whether you need them or not. For instance, I'm running 17x7 wheels with a +40 offset. The wheels looked sunken in before I got the OTG rear spacers. What wheels do you have in mind?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah

Yeah, my name is Jake. I am looking at some axis knock-offs. Something cheap to start out with. I hate hub caps. ick!!!. I like the five spoke design. I like the fat spokes too. I am thinging gun metal. Thanks for all the insight. You guys are the best. -Jake

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Specs

Here are some ones I was looking at. They are only 17 however. Well, they are cheap so maybe I'll buy them for now, and when I get some nice ones I can use these in the winter. Here is the link off of Ebay. One quick question off the subject. How do the xB's hold up to salt. By that I mean do they rust easily? I know they have rust through coverage for 60 months. Anyways, I am sure five years from now I will have a different vehile.-Jake

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-S...ewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQitemZ8044212965QQrdZ1

·
Registered
827 Posts
Those are the exact wheels I was thinking about getting for my box, as a matter of fact, that auction was in my "watch list" lol. I like them alot, theyre cool. I probably wont go over 17's myself, this is my daily driver, and I want to keep costs and ride comfort under control. I may go bigger just for summer cruising, but that will be a ways off. Nice choice:)

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Hey Jake, welcome to the addiction!!! :D

As for the spacers, I had to put only about an eighth of an inch in the back, I am running 18" x 7.5".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.