Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i think i found the rear seat problem... (update)

the problem that i got with the rear seats is when i pull the latch in order to put the seat down. when i put the seat back up, it always makes this hard "crunk" sound before it latches. here are the pics.

the normal side (left).

the problem side (right). see the metal bar is touching the plastic panel? i believe that is where it is making the rattling sound.

i am going to the dealers soon to get that thing fixed.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry that i forgot about this thread, but heres the update.

i went and talk to one of the people that works in the dealership. they said that the rattling is not covered by warranty, so i have to pay them so they can fix it. i think that is total BS. so on Friday, Jan. 26th, i decided to try and fix the problem. here are some of the pics just to show what i did. :D

the tools i used, some of them i didnt really use. :D

first, use a 8mm allen socket in order to take the 2 screws out.

the screw that i took off.

then pull the top part of the panel. remember, you wont be able to take out the plastic panel all the way because the seat's bar is going through it. but you should be able to see the metal bar behind the panel that is held by 3 bolts.

then use the 12mm socket so you can unscrew the bolts.

this is how the metal bar looks like when its taken out.

the place where the metal bar goes.

now its time to put back the metal bar.

then snap back the panel. see that the bar isnt touching the panel?

so far, i havent hear any rattling sound from the back seat. i even went on the bumpiest street and still it doesnt rattle. i am happy now. :D :D :D

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
god rattling noises out of my car are the most annoying thing ever!!!! glad you were able to get rid of it bro!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You did whatchu had to do bro, good stuff! Glad the rattle is gone!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow am I glad I saw this post - passenger side rear seat rattle = ANNOYANCE!

I'm actually going to foam the bracket itself and see if it helps. The wonders of having a sound deadened ride, here every little rattle.

Gotta trim down my visors to stop them from hitting the windows during highway driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.