Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running 17" rims with 215\40's with H techs on my box. I was on vacay last week and drove the box 400 miles each direction. I have a very bad back. See where i am going with this?

Basicly I am looking for a rim\tire\suspension combo that looks good, rides smooth and doesnt look like a 4x4. I like the look of a 15x8, but I dont want to rub and the suspension drop probably negates any cushon the tire gives. Any help would definatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about that. Maybe running a larger sidewall would help. I was thinking about getting a set of S-techs because I wanted more drop, but I assume that would make the ride worse. Does anyone know of a 2" drop spring with a reasonably soft ride?

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
I would suggest 225/40/18 tires (not too thick but not too thin either, just right). As for springs, I would suggest picking up a set of Eibach Pro-Kit. Out of all the springs I've ever ridin on in my life, these are the closest to stock and has a reasonably good drop on it as well. Just my .02

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ive run 205/40 and 215/45, and the ride is nite and day. step up to the bigger tire, and youll be in much better shape. if that doesnt work, then go down to 16s. Forget 15s. I ride slammed, and even with a 50 series tire on my 16s, the ride is REAL good. Theres probably a couple on here that can vouch for it.

Do 215/45 though and youll be golden. Had a tad bit of expirence with this stuff ;-)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody, 215\45's it is. Now I need to convince my wife that I need new tires for the 2nd time in 3 months :D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts