Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People have been coming on and joining. Then a couple of months after looking around, and buying some parts, they act like they know it all. Questioning Functionality, Style, etc... I guess we arent all adults here huh?

This reminds me of a few other forums. Things keep up like this the forum will be full of bashing and ignorant ass people. Im not saying I know everything. But Im not new to the tunning world. And I'd appreciate seeing a little more open minds Vs. whats going on now.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Please tell me this is a bad joke or something. How long have you been on SL? You dont even KNOW what bad is. Hell I remember back when that site was good. This site is GREAT compared to the other bantering sites of piss fests. Do you know how LITTLE I have to Moderate this site? Ive been meaning to give props to everyone, because everyone is so cool. Aside from the occasional spammer, I dont even have to ban. Who cares if theres know it alls. Who cares if they question a style. Thats the joy of owning a Scion. What are people closeminded to? VIP? nope we're pretty cool with that here. JDM? nope there's a huge following. USDM? nope huge following. I dont see where you're seriously coming from man.

Maybe Ive just seen a little worse than you have behind the scenes of different sites. I dont see your perspective though. Ive been in the Scion world probably 5 times the length youve been here, and Ive seen bad. Tomas can probably vouch for me that! This site is in no way bad.

What are you specifically talking about when you say people arent accpeting on this board? Im hella curious!

scotty

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a lot of respect for you on this site and Bippu style cars, So Im just going to PM you.

·
Pwner of all
143 Posts
i think this forum is pretty good...havent been on it nearly as long as you two...but i gave up my moderator status on Scion Life...I do not leave the Southeast forum over there....lol

MB u guys should start a VIP only xB forum if the haters are on here? I personlly like all styles myself, sux u think that we are being invaded by SL like members :( ....it would be shtty if this forum went downt he drain like SL did....we wont even TALK about how what a certain SL staffer did to my wife while in Miami at the unveiling....all ima say is fawwwwwwk him... :mad:

GL tho brother!

Corey

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No one is saying this will turn negative. Im just saying it would be a shame. And lately Ive been seeing negative mentalities floating around. To many closeminded people. Its sad.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Cmdxb, its weird its not even about VIP though. Corey, I think we could be close friends in a different life. lol. We have same sentiments I believe about certain sites :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
i love this site wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love it too. But some people just dont understand what I say or try to say. I dont know, I think thats why america is the way it is. Closeminded. No one wants to understand another perspective, they only want to understand their own.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
A lot of the posts i do on here get no response unless its a new mod or something. Do i care? Not really. A lot of people on here are friends and know each other personally which can make people like me feel left out but thats what happens when you are no where near the other members. I am here to learn and share. I have learned so much here from reading and asking questions. Something i could never do on that other site. I dare not ask there. This has become my web home for most of the day. I love most of the rides and repspect ALLthe rides. Sure i might not like some, but i respect them. Thats how we should all be i think. Just respect it. I think Scotty is blessed to have to mod a site with very little turbulence. I hope it stays that way and we are the ones to help.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Tis funny reading this thread so far. I have been a member of this, and other scion sites and have found this one to be exceptional, as I have noticed people coming from others that have or are turning bad, as they come here they become a little different.

On other sites I have put a few on an ignore list, but they show up here and change ( those that are/have been moderators on others) to become, lets find a discription here," clubxb.comized". Becoming friendlier and open in time,
maybe it just rubs off from a few to others like a virus.

I completly left one site because they started bashing someone I met through SL, he got banned there (SL) went to the other site and got bashed for his beliefs and ideas left and came here, I followed wanting to give it a try and stayed.

But yeah, most of the people that show up here either change into one of us or leave by their own accord. Those are the ones that thrive on drama I guess, only to find we all help one another to stay focused on what is important, The Clubxb family. I don't expect to get along or agree with everyone here, but I listen, learn and sometimes pass along a little knowledge to those that ask.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I love it too. But some people just dont understand what I say or try to say. I dont know, I think thats why america is the way it is. Closeminded. No one wants to understand another perspective, they only want to understand their own.
Ehh, I'm a bit a new-comer to this forum (but a long-time lurker). I have to say that over-all the attitudes really aren't too bad; especially relative to other automotive and hobby-interest forums. There is an emotional-ego element that comes with the territory. Not to mention, people on messages forums come from all over. It's amazing people get along as well as they do.

The best way to deal with someone's bad attitude is to call them out on it. Like right now, I'm calling you out on the whole "america is close-minded" arguement. Sure there is plenty of ignorance but this is exactly the type of over-generalizing or rather stereotyping that serves as a major contributing factor. Like the smallest scratch in your paint, the bad-attitudes just seem to garner more attention than the good ones.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ive been noticing this guy jdmscionbb tend to complain a lot but i just had to say that you are a joke.....all i here you do is complain like a lil girl.....Me personally i dont like to say negative things about people but this is just to much, just like what happened on the sl forum about copying people how come you never showed up to the meeting to set us straight like you said "Tough Guy".....you know what im talking about ......Keep whyning to make yourself feel better...But do it on another forum. Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let me re-phrase that, cause it does sound stereo-typical. And it also sounds like Im leading into politics, but thats not the case. The thing is, that there are TOO many closeminded people. And it just pisses me off that the ones that really do the research, that really run tests, and swap out countless parts, try to help out, and tell about our experiences, get shut down by someone who speaks on what they think, not facts. That to me is being pretty close minded.

Ever since I joined this forum, Ive never had this problem. And suddenly the last couple of weeks, Ive been noticing negative energy. Im just bringing it to light. And apparently, a lot of you dont like the fact that Im bringing it to light.

I have not shut anyone down, not on this thread or the one for strut tue bars. Even the ignorants get my respect. Cause one day, they will be in my position, and understand.

Ehh, I'm a bit a new-comer to this forum (but a long-time lurker). I have to say that over-all the attitudes really aren't too bad; especially relative to other automotive and hobby-interest forums. There is an emotional-ego element that comes with the territory. Not to mention, people on messages forums come from all over. It's amazing people get along as well as they do.

The best way to deal with someone's bad attitude is to call them out on it. Like right now, I'm calling you out on the whole "america is close-minded" arguement. Sure there is plenty of ignorance but this is exactly the type of over-generalizing or rather stereotyping that serves as a major contributing factor. Like the smallest scratch in your paint, the bad-attitudes just seem to garner more attention than the good ones.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.