Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title say's i operate things like windows door looks remote start all from my cell.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Like the title say's i operate things like windows door looks remote start all from my cell.
and this would be functional because? I'll give props for the idea/execution of the mod,but don't see much need for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I call my car make an entry and the doors unlock or lock or roll the windows up or down. but the cool part is i can do it from in my house or from iowa. viper cant do that.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
you would if you locked your keys in the car.
hahahaha....yes there is one reason:D

Where's the details on the mod? How you did it, and what not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I installed it myself my brother and i made it. i work at a hot rod shop cost installed havent really thought about that. i spoke with my brother he thinks $1.200 installed.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I installed it myself my brother and i made it. i work at a hot rod shop cost installed havent really thought about that. i spoke with my brother he thinks $1.200 installed.

A buck twenty? I want one!

·
Registered
368 Posts
can my box get your boxes number? :D

Only problem I can see would be someone getting the number, turning off the alarm and empting out your box, or just driving it away. Phone numbers can be found real easy on cell phones. They can also be monitored/recorded from the airways, similar to garage door openers,wifi connections, and local police departments radio calls. :rolleyes:

But hey, great mod, if you just want something different.
Whatever moves you I guess. :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
So you car would need a cell built in some where in it to so this?

Now if you close, you could use bluetooth, just need to use ssid of some sort.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I call my car make an entry and the doors unlock or lock or roll the windows up or down. but the cool part is i can do it from in my house or from iowa. viper cant do that.
So does that mean you're coming to our show???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
its not an alarm it is a remote control allthough i can disable my xb in ways that a standard alarm cant and car thiefs cant deal with. and yes i would like to go to your show. ps alarm or not remote control or not if someone wants your stuff out comes the glass and your stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Clifford (when they were around) used to have the Virtual Link. it was an alarm that you could call from any phone and do things like disable the car, unlock doors, ect... but that thing hasn't been around in a long time. kinda cool idea but it cost WAY TOO MUCH.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my car has a cell in it hooked to box you make an entry and your car does something. it has nothing to do with an alarm its simply a remote for your car have you ever gone to the mall got inside and said did i lock the car. i have most people i know have. so call your car and lock the doors simple roll windows up or down turn on lighting great for car shows or any thing i want to do.

·
Registered
144 Posts
well if someone did steal the car...you could disable it right? could make recovery more likely...

is there a link to look at the gizmo specs? or did i miss that in an earlier post?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.