Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just bought a 2006 scion XB. So far I love it but the damn thing has no power. I was looking a buying a DC header and cat back exhaust. Any sugestions on this line and other exhausts and bolt ons.
In the near future I want to install either a turbo or a supercharger. Any opions on these.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the new xB. I see your from Texas, its always good to see more Texas peeps cruzin in the box.
Sorry I have no input on power questions, cuz I have no engine mods. Still sittin at the 102, or is it 103 HP. There are tons of other people here that are more than willing to help you out.

Oh yeah, I'm part of the pic police force so I'm required to inform you that we need pics of your ride posted asap. We love seeing new xB's
"Tha Rookie"

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard! Texan...

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
WEll obviously the power thing is what every new owner wants to do so these are my suggetions:

1. Perrin Pulley
2. Strup or Magnaflow Exhaust
3. Strup Headers
4. Basically any Intake will help you

I noticed alot of power from the pulley alone.
Strups better cool about partial sponsorships if your gona be showing the car so try to hit up him- they make good stuff

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Pulley for the win! Pulley first for sure, from there you won't notice much change unless you go F/I.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
^what they said :D

Pulley first.
I’ve heard nothing but good about the Perrin brand, wouldn’t recommend anything else.

Next full catback exhaust (not just a muffler ;) ).

Do those first; I don’t think any other mods short of turbo on NOS will give you as much bang.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You are not going to make this thing in to a 200 hp car on a budget. It is a small econo car. Now the mods listed above do give a few each and together might even crack over 15 extra ponies.

Welcome to the club

Now citizen I will have to ask you for pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I will get some pics of the box this week. I think I will go for buying the pulley and later on a DC header and cat back. What are some good companys to shop from? Again thanks so far.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Pics this week? no, no no. It's 1247AM! So what if it's dark, go get us some pics!!

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Overlord.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I will get some pics of the box this week. I think I will go for buying the pulley and later on a DC header and cat back. What are some good companys to shop from? Again thanks so far.

As far as brands go...its all a matter of personal preferences. I can say Injen and Fugita are top of the line and have others say AEM or the Greedy intake systems are better. So heres what I say...go do some HW and see what other companies stand for and whats the budgets like.

Heres what I say for brands:
Fugita and Weapon-Rfor Intakes
Strup for Headers and Exhaust unless you want a Cat-back I would recommend Magnaflow.
Perrin for Pulley and Dress-up kit.
Nology for the Coil packs if your gona show the car.
Ebay for grounding kits.

Thats my thoughts... and im sure someone is gona be like no no no this kid doesnt know what he is talking about. Ive ran 5 other intakes before the Fugita and i love it. Great guys down there too

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
what i have on my setup is

Injen CAI intake
Agency Power Pulley
Design Motorsport Engineering 4-1 header
and ARC exhaust.

it's a xB. it wasnt mean to go fast and F/I is kinda killing the reason why its great on gas not to mention it'll still be slow and get owned by most other cars on the road. dont get me wrong i love my xB =)

super fast? no. fun to drive. HELL YES! =)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the thoughts and opions. I am going to do a little H/W and weigh my options. I will get some pictures tomorrow when I get of work. Thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the thoughts and opions. I am going to do a little H/W and weigh my options. I will get some pictures tomorrow when I get of work. Thanks again.
"Not all who wonder are lost"

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Welcome! Congratulations on your new ride. I find mine goes much faster when I'm driving down hill. :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have a 5speed with the following:

Design Chaos Throttle Body Spacer w/ Helix cut
Megan Racing Header
Weapon R Intake
TRD Quick Shifter
Perrin Pulley
TRD Axle-back

^^^^^All of this and best 1/4 time is 16.8 at 79 MPH^^^^^ January At Baytown

First time I ever ran, I had only TRD Axleback exhaust and snuck in a 16.9 out of 8 runs.

I've been to the track about 5 times and ran 8 times each time throughout my modding and from the first time to the last with all the added mods I was only able to beat my first best time by a 10th of a second. I do run a consistant 16.9-17.1 now, and got lucky running the 16.9 my first time to the track, but I was able to run the 16.9 with little to no mods.

So verdict is: Do you really wanna spend $500+ to gain a 10th of a second?
If you plan on doing lots of shows and spend lots of money to try and win some shows, it might be worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have the dc header , perrin pulley , fujita short ram . and i noticed a big difference driving up the hill from phoenix to flagstaff.with out it i had to down shift a couple of times , with it i was in 5TH gear the hole way and only slowed to like 65 on the big hills.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I agree with what has been said.... to a point.

If forced induction is definately in your future but you are still debating on S/C or turbo I have a modified list for you.

1. Cat-back exhaust
2. Intake (cheap one)
3. Crank pulley

I suggest staying away from a headder for now if forced induction is in your future. Reason I say this is why spend money on a headder if you decide to go turbo later and have to do a new manifold anyways. Then if you decide on a supercharger, buy the headder then.

And welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, so I am gong to start with the pulley first. Hopefully in the next two weeks I will have it? Has anyone put ione on. If so how much of a pain is it. I would much rather do the work myself. What is your input on the intakes that are on Ebay for $30 to $60, Any they crap? Again thanks to all who have helped give me suggestions.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have an 06 also with

DC Ceramic Header
Perrin LIGHTENED Crank Pulley
short throw shifter
Injen cold air converted to short ram
Tein S-techs
Energy front sway bar end link polyurethane bushings

ive installed all these myself, using the tech section on Scionlife.com The hardest install would have to had been the crank pulley. i only had 14,000 miles on my engine when i bought the pulley, every bolt was still nice and tight with the thread lock, so it was tough to install by myself. bolts for the power steering pulley is a (word for female dog) to loosen and so is the bolt under the alternator. On top of it all im mechanically inclined. If you need any advice shoot me a pm, i check my email everyday.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.