Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a while now my heat and ac havent worked properly, this morning tried to turn the heat on and the knob like letterally broke! How do I remove that in order to fix it? Attaching photo to show what I’m talking about.

Attachments

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,527 Posts
So for a while now my heat and ac havent worked properly, this morning tried to turn the heat on and the knob like letterally broke! How do I remove that in order to fix it? Attaching photo to show what I’m talking about.
Pull the trim around the radio, pull the little bar trim under it, pull the panel around the shifter, undo the screws holding the AC controls. Once all undone you'll be able to pull it forward enough to unplug the harnesses and detach the cables for the temp and directional knobs. Then you'll need to see why the heat able is stuck, un-stick it, replace what's broken and assemble in reverse order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the trim around the radio, pull the little bar trim under it, pull the panel around the shifter, undo the screws holding the AC controls. Once all undone you'll be able to pull it forward enough to unplug the harnesses and detach the cables for the temp and directional knobs. Then you'll need to see why the heat able is stuck, un-stick it, replace what's broken and assemble in reverse order.
Thanks so much I will let you know if I am successful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts