Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need your guys/girls opinion on the rota slipstreams. im planning on buyin some for my tcm xb, but was wondering if they would look good on my car. since they 15s

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have looked at those myself and like both the black and the gold which I think would look good with my Salsa Red Pearl but the gold might be a little too bright. I don't buy anything on credit so it'll have to wait until finances permit. You will need lug rings and wheel locks from what I can find out but hopefully someone with experience can supply information

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 15" Konig Rewinds on my box and IMO they look good. You will notice that they have an awsome ride compared to bigger wheels.:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Rota Slipstream will need a 54.1mm x 67.1mm hubcentric ring and I am unable to find any place that sells one.
Do people mount after market wheels without using hubcentric rings?
Ideas? Opionions? Comments?

·
Registered
16 Posts
as far as lug rings go..you just need tuner lugs..they're a bit longer and can be purchased from any auto shop...should be like 50 bucks for a set..and they should come with a key..cuz they're locking

Bubbaxb
Frank

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have these on my Sentra. They're lightweight & are decently strong as far as taking lateral, axial, & vertical loads like a champ that they are subjected to in the canyons. I haven't busted one yet. (^o^ ) <3

But yeah! All you need are some 205/55-15 tires on the 15" x 6.5" Rota Slipstreams or 225/50-15 on the 15" x 7" Slipstreams & you're good to go! You can also do 205/55-15 on the 7" width wheel. Gunmetal, steel grey, or bronze would look really good on your TCM box. ( ^_^)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the valuable information!
I was going on what info I was able to find which seemed to say that the xB used hubcentric wheels so if you replaced them with after market wheels you would need the hubcentric rings.
Now I know everything I need to get.

·
Registered
59 Posts
you need hubcentric rings. i sold the slipstreams to that guy whose xb is posted above. they are 16's so yours will be smaller. i got the rings from discounttire.com or something. let me know what else you need to know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't need hubcentric rings just tuner lugs ?
I need hubcentric rings ?
Next question: Considering the length of tuner lugs will the center caps fit over them?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks!
I'm just an old guy(66) that is cautious about spending money. Hub rings seem to make more sense than just using tuner lugs. I will have to get tuner lugs that match the wheel color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts