Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing the injen is shortram intake. Just wanting to know if anyone has this intake, or has heard anything about it, and whether or not you like it or not, and is it worth it. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have it.

Don't really know much of any power gains or MPG gains.... mainly because I drove my car 3 miles STOCK. lol.

But I do like it alot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hayalex6 said:
I have it.

Don't really know much of any power gains or MPG gains.... mainly because I drove my car 3 miles STOCK. lol.

But I do like it alot.
Intake alone no matter if its cai, sri, rai your not going to get much gains off of it alone. I/h/e is really going to serve you well, no one mod is going to give you much of anything...Especially since everything works together as a complete system.

Some companies say 3hp, 6hp, or whatever. But honestly, if thats the only mod you have you might see 2hp off of it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already have a cat back exhaust system and after the is short ram intake i am planning on getting headers so do you think this is a good choice of intakes?

·
Registered
373 Posts
i've had the injen sri on for about 8 months now, prolly close to 9000 miles and absolutely love it. i noticed a *slight* gain in the high end but nothing amazing. however, it sure as heck seems like merging/passing on the highway is improved compared to stock xb's. i was cruising with my friend the other day and it seemed like her stock xb had a hard time keeping up. i thought she was just going easy but she says that she was flooring it and still couldnt keep up with me. i dunno, but i like it and would definately buy it again.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
due to the placement of the pcv hose it will ruin maf sensors more than many other intakes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
its the placement of sensors that is the difference between 05' and 06', which is why theres a risk with the design of this particular intake.

·
Registered
120 Posts
hotbox05 said:
due to the placement of the pcv hose it will ruin maf sensors more than many other intakes.

Umm,how do you figure that?

I've had the Injen intake for close to 8 mos. now with no problems and no, the PCV hose has no tension or anything wrong with it. They give you plenty of extra hose to work with so you can route it any way you need to. The placement of the MAF sensor was fine and lined right up and was screwed down into the intake with no problems.

I noticed a small midrange/top end improvement and it sounds good.

·
Registered
214 Posts
NVFirefighter said:
Umm,how do you figure that?

I've had the Injen intake for close to 8 mos. now with no problems and no, the PCV hose has no tension or anything wrong with it. They give you plenty of extra hose to work with so you can route it any way you need to. The placement of the MAF sensor was fine and lined right up and was screwed down into the intake with no problems.

I noticed a small midrange/top end improvement and it sounds good.
If thats the only mod, its probably in your head. That single mod isn't going to give you enough power to phsycially notice a difference. Sure, there will be a slight difference but not enough to say theres a great deal of improvement or anything.

05's and 06's censor placement are different.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the sensor placement isn't the problem. it's that on injen they put the recirc of the pcv updraft of the maf. so the oily air passes through the maf .

the 06 xb's have a carbon filter in the intake box making any and all intakes illegal in cali for 06's and federally illegal as well but luckily fed law doesnt get handed down by police officers or smog people.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hotbox05 said:
the sensor placement isn't the problem. it's that on injen they put the recirc of the pcv updraft of the maf. so the oily air passes through the maf .

the 06 xb's have a carbon filter in the intake box making any and all intakes illegal in cali for 06's and federally illegal as well but luckily fed law doesnt get handed down by police officers or smog people.
Forgot about that.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
if its the only mod you have, expect just over 4 hp for the SRI from Injen. I have the first gen model of it, and I absolutely love it. I noticed a slight difference from it, but not OMG VTEKKKKKK FAST NAWZ kinda feeling. i love the sound of it with the loud "WHOOSH" it makes everytime it sucks in air. id highly recommend it. it output performed AEM and SPFR for testing, and would be my choice if I had to do things over again.

it will help if you have header and exhaust too, but even if you dont, its a good mod IMHO. also, ive never had a problem with a MAF sensor or anything even though I have one of the old non-restyled ones.

scotty

·
Registered
322 Posts
Also it makes installing the fog lights a little harder.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.