Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal...

I'm going to install my factory Scion deck into my 86 s-10. I need the FACTORY scion harness that fits into the back of the SCION radio. I'm not looking for a metra or scocsh harness..... i need the harness that is in the scion dash.

someone cut thier's out and send it to me:p

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
This is a stupid question I'm sure, but if you have the stock Scion head unit, do you not also have the stock connector and wire harness?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i do, but its still in my scion. its not a common thing to cut the harness out and hardwire a deck.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
krazylowgsx said:
yeah i do, but its still in my scion. its not a common thing to cut the harness out and hardwire a deck.
My bad, forgot that the wiring harness plugs into the unit without anything in between. When I replaced my head unit I took the harness out since it's the iPod upgrade. Good luck on your hunt, gonna be tough to find without the head unit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You could order the clips and pins from Scion and wire them yourself. You'll need a R2 (part #90980-10997) and R3 (#90980-10996)

You could also go to ebay and look for these:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you get the R2 and R3 connector bodies, you'll also need the wire pigtails that go in them. Those are a bit harder to look up.

That would actually be one part that would still be in a junkyard xB though...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse but....if you took out the stock stereo from the Scion, it should have the connectors that go directly into the head unit, they won't fit anything else. If you are installing into the S-10 you can get a aftermarket wire connection kit for the Chevy and wire it into the stock connector for the Scion. You'll have to cut the leads off the Scion but the color codes are pretty much standard on all head units.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good luck in your search in a recycle center, they cut them off when they pull the radios. But a few other toyotas use the same connectors, try a stereo install place, they might have one they cut out.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
wouldn't it be easier to take the one out of your dash. I have never seen high end install use the factory harness. I would think it would be cleaner to wire the new unit direct since you are only using a couple wires of the stock unit. Power, ground, acc and the antenna

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
ogerdgonz said:
wouldn't it be easier to take the one out of your dash. I have never seen high end install use the factory harness. I would think it would be cleaner to wire the new unit direct since you are only using a couple wires of the stock unit. Power, ground, acc and the antenna
Dadgumit! That's what I was trying to say, just didn't come out right.

"of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most"

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
hey sid, if you go again, check and see if they have any spoiler screw caps for an OEM spoiler. none of the yards by me have xB's. add some to the parts for your "shipping and handling" and let me know :D

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
krazylowgsx said:
SID, hook me up. snag them if they're there when you go back.

thanks
I called the guy today, but i'm sorry to tell you, that they already pulled it together with the radio. It is already on the shelf and told me someone already called it in.
Its going to be a wait, til they'll have another xB, but he'll inform me if they do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.