Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm supposed to score a really neat enclosure in about 30 minutes and it holds a single 10" sub. It was made specifically for a JL 10W7, but I don't want to blow that kinda money on a sub. What else is out there for under $200 that would use similar dimensions as the W7? I don't know car audio at all so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! Thanks for the help. I've got 2 12s right now and they're great but this enclosure only holds a single 10" so I'm gonna look into that Kicker listing.:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woops, I just saw that the Kickers are a square shape. I don't think it'll work cause the opening is for a round sub. Are Audiobahn subs any good? Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help, I wish I knew more about the car audio stuff.:eek:

·
Registered
410 Posts
10" Subs

Personally I hate the audiobahn line. What type of enclosure do you have that you are purchasing the sub off of the box? Is it fiberglass? If not you can get a MDF box for around $50-$75 to fit one of those Kicker 10" L7s. The only thing I can say is do it right the first time buy a quality sub thats going to sound really good and last!

If you really dont want to buy a new box this is the best circle sub that kicker makes.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=kicker+comp+vx+10%22&category0=

I would switch get a box go 12" L7 and get a mdf box.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I already purchased the enclosure. It's fiberglassed and it'll only accomodate a single 10" woofer. So Kicker is my best bet? Okok, how about the JL 10W3?? Is it any good??

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a dumb question. I was told that the cutout on the box is 8 11/16" (I haven't had a chance to measure it yet) That round Kicker sub looks good but the ebay listing says that it reguires a cutout of 9 1/4". Do I have to hunt down a sub that is exactly that cutout size or would the Kicker drop right in?? Common sense tells me that the Kicker would be too big for the opening in the enclosure but maybe I'm misunderstanding "cutout"??

Forgiveness please, I'm not a smart man:confused:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I have an Arc Audio 10 inch woofer, but you may want to check out the Atomic line. I'm leaning toward that myself.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All good stuff everyone. Thanks again. So now for my shallow statement of the day. I'm leaning towards the Infinity sub mainly because I like the way it looks (and the fact that ChromiumSteel's house speaker rocks). The face of the sub is going to be visible from outside of the rear window so it's kinda' important to me that the sub looks as well as it performs. :eek:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Im a big fan of Cerwin Vega Stroker, pricey but the best IMO. I think the V-max series is cheaper it looks cool too. I dont think Stroker-pro has a 10in.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Question. Does the internal volume of the enclosure make a huge difference in which sub I should get? The internal volume is 1.5 cubic feet. I'm leaning towards the Infinity sub but the recommended internal volume for the sub is less than 1 cubic ft. Would it still sound ok despite that?

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to do this once and be done with it. Thanks everyone.:)

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
The Kenwoods I have gave me a range of volume depending on the type of sound I was after. If I remember right, the bigger the deeper, and the smaller the harder it would hit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.