Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im thinking about trading in my 2004 nissan altima for a new pw box. i really really want one because my sis (caden_stargate) has one and i love it!! only problem is that my boyfriend absolutly HATES xBs :( im going to think a little more about this and ill see what ya'll think about it. Do yall think i could do it and do ya'll think i would get a good trade in on it?? Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Well, the one peice of advice I can give you is to get what YOU want, and not let anyone make the decision for you. I put off buying a Jeep because my ex hated them, and after we broke up that was the first thing I bought, and let me tell you I wish I had never listened to her. I had a blast with my Jeeps (I had 7 at different times) and really missed out on alot. If youre making the payment, go get one. You should get a pretty decent trade-in on that Nissan too. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If it is going to be yours, and you are making the payments, get what you want. Would he not get a car HE really wanted if YOU didn't want it? Uh-huh, thought so.

If you were married it might be different, but you aren't and it isn't.

Life's too short. If you want a box and can swing it, go for it. :D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have questions about getting a new car:
do you have to have a credit history?? i dont have one im only 17
will they tell me how much my car is worth for a trade in??
and can ya'll tell me anything else that ya'll think i should know. thanks guys you guys are awesome!!

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
CoToaster_Pilot said:
i have questions about getting a new car:
do you have to have a credit history?? i dont have one im only 17
will they tell me how much my car is worth for a trade in??
and can ya'll tell me anything else that ya'll think i should know. thanks guys you guys are awesome!!
You parents will at least have to cosign for you, because your still a minor you cant legally enter into a contract so be VERY nice to dad this fathers day.

As far as a trade-in on your other car you will probably be better off selling it to a private party yourself and use the money for a down payment.

Other than that just read the final paperwork carefully and ask about anything you dont understand. The salesperson should be able to clearly explain all parts of the contract for you.

Good luck we all hope you get a new box too. :D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks!!! you guys are awesome. im stuck between getting an xb or a tc. steppie (my sis) wants me to get a tc since she already has an xb. im ubber excited to get a scion!! i just need a job. anyone hiring??

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
CoToaster_Pilot said:
thanks!!! you guys are awesome. im stuck between getting an xb or a tc. steppie (my sis) wants me to get a tc since she already has an xb. im ubber excited to get a scion!! i just need a job. anyone hiring??
You'll like the xB better...... :D

Good luck on the job hunt!

·
Registered
361 Posts
sounds like you need to tradein your nissan and your ol'man........

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
You'll like the xB better...... :D

Good luck on the job hunt!
What Dion said!

·
Registered
77 Posts
RAIDERBEAST said:
sounds like you need to tradein your nissan and your ol'man........
NICE ONE! Totally agree. :D

Seriously, xBs are wonderful works of automobile manufacturing. Get one...you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol thanks guys. i think i might keep my car for a while until gas gets to expensive. toaster can go around the world on a quater tank of gas!!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
hope you get one. you should get the box. it's cheaper and better on gas plus your and steph can work on them together. as for the bf. screw him cause my gf talks **** about my car all day long and i don't care!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
you should go out to Kelly Blue Book www.kbb.com , first before you go into the dealer and see what your "trade in Value" is on your Nissan. Print it off and take it with you. Be honest when filling out the info on your car, kbb will give you a good idea of what they will offer you. Don't let them low ball you though. which ever of your parents is the better at "dealing", take that parent with you. Don't be afraid to get up and walk out if you're not hearing what you want to hear.

That's why, for my car I have a Cobalt instead of a tc, the dealer low balled my stang and I took my business to a dealer that would give me what I wanted. Still hope to get the tc one day though... or maybe another xb, not sure on that one yet :D

You will truly fall in love with the xb when you have one of your own! :)

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Ditch the dude, and pick up a box....uhm...wow, that sounds like I'm telling you to be a lesbian.....but if you are, thats cool......uhm...yeah...get the box.

I was 18 when I bought mine, get a job and a cosigner, and you are golden.

Me: 0 down-6yrs-318.60/mo-6%intrest. (I was desperate, and I could only afford a 6yr payment, ok?)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol. if i get one ill make my boyfriend like it and if he doesnt big deal ill still keep it. if i do trade in my car i need a job before i do anything.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i know cause i love my sisters box. i drive any chance i get which isnt enough. if i get a good job and save up enough im going to get one for sure. its going to be a pw.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.