Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just find this site today and I am very pleased. Last month I bought my XB and fell in love. Now, everytime I see one of the few on the street, I want to yell, "Hi XB owner." I didn't buy it new, but I still love it. I actually went in to buy the TC, but did not qualify for it, so I got the XB. I am looking forward to sharing stories with everyone!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome. I have an '05 white XB. It has a modified exhaust that I am trying to get used to. I took it to the dealership to have them do the emisions on it and I found myself looking at the other colors and dreaming of the day I can get another.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Yea welcome to the club. Hey I bought mine used also (05 19,000 miles). Mine is TCM. I told my wife " I just don't want silver or white..LOL
But Now that I have it I love the color. I've even been checking out the PW and after seeing some of the mods I,m really starting to like the white alot. It's so clean looking. So don't keep looking at other colors :D . Just use your imagination and go with what you have. "Make it yours"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I told my husband I would never own one of those "box things", but I absolutly fell in love with it. Now I am looking to personalize it. Does anyone know where I can get cat paw decals. I love cats and can not have one of my own, so I thought I could drive one. May sound corny, but I think it will be cute. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
194 Posts
mcgrawm7 said:
I told my husband I would never own one of those "box things", but I absolutly fell in love with it. Now I am looking to personalize it. Does anyone know where I can get cat paw decals. I love cats and can not have one of my own, so I thought I could drive one. May sound corny, but I think it will be cute. Thanks for your suggestions.
Welcome to the club!

a friend of mine has dog paw decals on her xa... not sure where she got them, but I can find out for you though. the same place probably has cat paws too. you might also try a google search for cat paw decals, ya never know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
mcgrawm7 said:
Thank you. I found a great site carstickers.com. My next question is, will the decals ruin the paint if I ever decide to change up a little?

Thanks

personally, I wouldn't put the decals directly on the paint... not sure how hard it would be, but maybe you could buy some strip magnets and trace the paw prints on to the strip magnet and then cut the paw prints out of the magnets and stick the decals on the magnets. that way you can take them off to wash your xb and if you get a new xb you can transfer them. just a thought. Hope that makes sense?

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
I wouldn't put decals on my paint either. However vinal graphics can be removed ( not easy) then cleaned up with goo gone. The problem would be if they are on for a long time and your paint fades a little when you remove them the paint under them will be a little differant color.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the advice. I like the idea about the magnets. There were graphics on it, but the dealership took them off before I received it, so I am not really sure what they looked like. I am so happy I found this site. Everbody is great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Elementary, my dear!!

I just bought the box. Salsa red and everyone notices!! My wife has an Element and she loves it but..... she wants to drive mine all the time. Go figure. Not to many here in Mass but I'm sure that'll change.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am trying to convince my husband to trade the Taurus for another box, but he is not being swayed too easily. I love my box though and just can't tell him enough. This is the first car we have bought since we lost the GTO in '05. I thought I would never find a car I liked more than the goat, but I have.

I am thinking of making it look like a cat with ears, whiskers and spots. I think it would be adorable. I also like the fact that it is polar white. There are so many options.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
mcgrawm7 said:
I am thinking of making it look like a cat with ears, whiskers and spots. I think it would be adorable. I also like the fact that it is polar white. There are so many options.
You'll have to be careful of the neighborhood dogs chasing you down the street...LOL
Oh and your right Polar white does give you lots of options nice color.
Let your hubby drive your's a couple days he might Just head down and trade that Ford off.

·
Registered
611 Posts
congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
194 Posts
mcgrawm7 said:
I am trying to convince my husband to trade the Taurus for another box, but he is not being swayed too easily. I love my box though and just can't tell him enough. This is the first car we have bought since we lost the GTO in '05. I thought I would never find a car I liked more than the goat, but I have.

has he driven it yet, because I was skeptical at first, but once I drove it I was convinced and the rest is history :) now we have 40,000 miles on the clock and love it as much as the day we drove it home

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He moved it from one parking spot to another, because I didn't think it was safe where it was. I needed to see it and I didn't want any cars blocking it from view. That is about it. Otherwise, if he is driving, we take the Taurus and if I am driving, we take the box.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.