Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yes, simply fasten the driver's seatbelt... :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol.. Im sorry but if I ever see a street legal xb with a five point harness, I will laugh.
I mainly drive my xb in my small community among golf carts in a private area and speeds max out at 25mph. The only police Im concerened about are the security guards.
No offence to the harness people. maybe a little.
Let me know if you see the deactivating process. Its usually turning the car on and off a few times and pushing a few buttons.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
They might have it over on the other site. I know they have the thread about the tC.

for tC:
I think it's something like buckle the rear belts, turn the car on, unbuckle the rear belts, buckle the front, turn the car off unbuckle the front and rebuckle the rears, then eat a sandwich, have a coke, turn the car back on, bang it with a hammer a few times and.....well....At least there's no more noise.....

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
For me it's habit - I've been using seatbelt, shoulder belt or harness since 1966, and I can't even put a vehicle in gear without buckling up. :) Heck, if I'm parked in the driveway and want to pull into the garage, the belt goes on. The added time is only seconds and it's no big deal.

Guess its from being USAF, Phone company, SCCA, and professional driver spread over 40+ years, and having belt equipped cars well before they were standard in the US that has ingrained it so deeply in my habit structure.

Personally, I wouldn't want to change it.

Want the light to go off? Fasten your belt. Simple, quick, good habit to get into.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Towley thinks you should always bring a towel when your flying long distance.
Keep up the preaching of safe driving even if it is a buzz kill. Thanks for serving our country.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i live in arizona too, and i never wear my belt. even when i go to california i dont put it on. i know some ok most would consider it a bad habbit. ive heard of people saying they dont wear the belt because a freind died because his belt traped him in the car, and ive heard of people dieing because of not wearing a belt. maybe its beause im fat and i think the seatbelt makes my ass look far. im not sure really. i just never wear it, its uncomfortable for me. i should probably start tho. this really had nothing to do with the question but i thought id throw that in there anyways.

happy ... toweling? lol

·
3,453 Posts
LOL. TG, you're still a funny guy, xB OR FJ.

Anyways, arizonaxb, if you're really THAT concerned about it, just buy a golf cart then.

OR find a wrecked xB and cut the belt off and just use the plug?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Beat me to it TG. I was gonna suggest the black tape too. If you're real anal, you could take out the LED. BTW, do you really never leave your private community? You must fill up on gas just once a year!

I know, I know, I hate being preached to too, but oh well :p

An old guy fell asleep and drove right through a red and into a busy intersection. We hit head on at a 45 degree angle. The other guy who wasn't wearing a seatbelt flew through the windshield and broke his neck. All I had was a seatbelt shape bruise across my chest for a week.

No matter how good of a driver you are, you still can't stop other people from driving crazy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dude .What happend? I just opened a door into the seatbelt anonymous meeting. I wear my seatbelt, I just don't think I should have a warning light nagging at me like my wife and the black tape didn't work on her. I tried. Thanks to all you good doers. Your what makes us conform.

·
3,453 Posts
LOL, tried the black tape on the wife...Yeah, that usually just makes em mad...LMAO

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
thats why i used the 200MPH Duct Tape. -=] i suppose if noone else is in the car, you could click the passanger seat belt into your buckle. but if you going to go trough the process of simulating on a seatbelt, you might as well just put it on your own self. im usually listening to music, so i assume that little red guy on my dash is just dancing WITH me not AT me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could you imagine the look on the officers face when they pull my corpse out of the car to find a dummy seat belt clicked in. My last words would be," Damb flashing light uhh". I should have listen to the cluxb dudes. Hey woo are you going to the right toy show tonight?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.