Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this POS and scammer I found on ebay. complete BS!!!

All you have to do is buy the Speed Seeker. The Speed Seeker modifies your air/fuel ratio to give you top performance. Trying to adjust your Electronic Control Unit (ECU) yourself is a costly and problematic process. All you need is the Speed Seeker to do the work for you. It increases timing. Connecting to the IAT sensor with painlessly simple installation (under ten minutes) and your car will be up to 20 horsepower faster. It is mounted easily.

All you need is this little black box:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion-XA-XB-TC-Speed-Chip-04-05-06-2003-2004-2005-2006_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQihZ001QQitemZ110039786788QQrdZ1

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
WOW!!! It was such FAST and EASY installation, that I even had time left over for yoga!

Did I mention how FAST and EASY the installation was?
;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
gargamel said:
That ones is funny, thats a project box from Radio shack. The scam one I like to laugh at is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20HP...014QQitemZ330028830823QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It even shows plain as day that it is just a resistor, even gives the value (3.3Kohm) too.
So you get a $0.05 resistor for $3, and he has sold a lot by his feedback.
Apparently, Scion has a new model out called the xC?!

It's funny reading his feedback and how many people fell for it. Many people even complained that they thought it was a chip.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Here we go again with the e-bay chip. sigh

if you search this forum, and many other not to be mentioned, scion forums you can read alot of information from people that have not used or tested this chip or any of the many out there.

if you want to know if they work, ask someone thats tested one, or two, or manufactured a couple for testing. You would all be surprised at the results, even if you compare them to those better known piggy back systems that cost alot more and make the same promises.

wish we could get people to search out info before they call things POS, Scammer and the other names. hmmmmmm....

Oh well back to more testing of products for our boxes, and datsuns,and fords ect,ect,ect.........

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I'm very skeptical about these things.

I have neither a left side, or right side stance on this subject. Some people say it works, some don't. I'd like to see a video of a car on a dyno without one, then with one, to see if there was any improvement. To me, that's really the only way I'll believe something that's supposed to increase power.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here we go again with the e-bay chip. sigh

if you search this forum, and many other not to be mentioned, scion forums you can read alot of information from people that have not used or tested this chip or any of the many out there.

if you want to know if they work, ask someone thats tested one, or two, or manufactured a couple for testing. You would all be surprised at the results, even if you compare them to those better known piggy back systems that cost alot more and make the same promises.

wish we could get people to search out info before they call things POS, Scammer and the other names. hmmmmmm....

Oh well back to more testing of products for our boxes, and datsuns,and fords ect,ect,ect.........
Chip? It's a classic scam. It's a resistor hidden within a project box with some wires to connect. Everything can be purchased from Radio Shack for about $2 if you'd like to start selling them on eBay.

Insert the resistor into the MAF sensor plug and it tricks the ECU into seeing more air and in turn delivers more fuel. This just means your car will be running very rich all the time. Not good for power and not good for the car. If any car was running lean enough in the first place to need this much more fuel, there is a problem in the car that needs repair.

This guy claims UP TO 20hp, meaning 0-20. It's a nice way to cover his azz when people come back to him with no gains.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chip? It's a classic scam. It's a resistor hidden within a project box with some wires to connect. Everything can be purchased from Radio Shack for about $2 if you'd like to start selling them on eBay.

Insert the resistor into the MAF sensor plug and it tricks the ECU into seeing more air and in turn delivers more fuel. This just means your car will be running very rich all the time. Not good for power and not good for the car. If any car was running lean enough in the first place to need this much more fuel, there is a problem in the car that needs repair.

This guy claims UP TO 20hp, meaning 0-20. It's a nice way to cover his azz when people come back to him with no gains.
If you put a in a reasonable resistance resistor it actually will help an iddle bit.

It isn't about the air/fuel though it is also for spark timing.

Hot air will make the car retard spark timing and cold air will advance spark timing.

Advanced spark timing will make the car make a bit more power (it really will).

Something like a Hypertech Programmer makes the car run just an iddle bit lean and it will advance the timing just an iddle bitty bit.

Good for about 5 hp on a car making 300 hp at the rear wheels stock.

What you DON'T want to do is pull out the IAT (intake air temperature) sensor completely.

I did that in my 1999 Camaro accidently when I swapped intake lids and I forgot to plug it back in, duh. Anyway back to my point it caused the engine to run REALLY rich.

I went from 20 mpg city to around 8 mpg...

Yeah that sucked, gas was freakin' $3.20 for 93 octane at the time too.

Of course the reason the manufacturer didn't leave the timing at a performance level in the first place is because if the engine is running hot (like a 190 thermo instead of a 160 thermo and you have it set for a 160 thermo) it could cause spark knock.

That is bad because then you broke your pistons and maybe other stuff as well...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.