Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran into the guy who bought my xB back in October and he told me that about 5 months after he bought it from me he blew it up doing a 3 gear burnout :eek:
He ended up trading it in for an 04 Mustang GT and he just put a vortech blower on it a couple of weeks ago.
I cant believe the boostbox is no more, unless it is still lurking around somewhere...........
time to do some research:cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Eew, another xB gone to a Mustang. :(

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hey where is the body. I could have some fun doing some crazy stuff with the shell that was known as your xB.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Awww man, that is bad news. Oh well, what can you do? Once someone buys your car, it's theirs to do whatever they want with...but you always hope they'll take good care of the car like you did. Anyway, what a bummer!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess my tune didnt hold up as well as I thought it would....5 months later he probly never even reset the ECU once after I told him to do it everyday:p

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Nnnoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mustangs are over rated!

Mustangs, good looking cars, but no guts, bought one 'o5 beautiful conv. black and sandstone, traded it in for the Box less than 8 months later, the thing was totally gutless, wouldn't chirp first gear, and sucked gas like it was a performance car.... think it had like issues. one word ...
FORD.

like the Scion much better. I can afford to drive the Box!
We should find his old box, and make a dragster out of it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its alright Brad...thats the way it goes. At least I still have the memories and pictures I took the day I sold it to him to keep the spirit going hahaha. Im gonna look into it cause he traded it into the ford dealership and they unloaded it the next day...wonder if it was auction bait cause they only gave him 12K or it...I sold it to him for $19,200 5 months prior

·
Registered
260 Posts
Try the dealer he traded it into first. Dealers usually keep in house trades that are newer than 3 years old, if in good shape, as long as it can be financed, they will at least try to sell in house before they go to auction, auction is a last resort, for items they cannot sell. Being a new car, in good shape, and quite popular[I might add], they will probably try to sell.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohh I already asked him last night, he said that they got rid of it the next day...which either someone saw it and drove away with it that day or they wholesaled it and it got auctioned off or pushed onto another dealer...to bad it didnt come back to my dealership...I would have had to buy it back knowing what it was taken in for :D ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Simplyscion said:
I guess my tune didnt hold up as well as I thought it would....5 months later he probly never even reset the ECU once after I told him to do it everyday:p
Wow, you had to reset everyday?? Anyhow, scanned the CEL last night and ECU was pulling back 45% fuel!!!! Way too rich. All I had was celica 310cc injectors and perrin fuel rail. Dropped 32% fuel on my Emanage this morning and so far everything is ok. Ill see what happens through out the week.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rollhard said:
Wow, you had to reset everyday?? Anyhow, scanned the CEL last night and ECU was pulling back 45% fuel!!!! Way too rich. All I had was celica 310cc injectors and perrin fuel rail. Dropped 32% fuel on my Emanage this morning and so far everything is ok. Ill see what happens through out the week.
it didnt hafta be done everyday, I was stretching that a lil but I did reset it at least 2-3 times a week. The cars dont hold their tunes for crap...dont reset anything and let the ECU take over for a few hundred miles and then try to tune it and fix up the slop left over from the ecu...that might help

·
Registered
179 Posts
Simplyscion said:
it didnt hafta be done everyday, I was stretching that a lil but I did reset it at least 2-3 times a week. The cars dont hold their tunes for crap...dont reset anything and let the ECU take over for a few hundred miles and then try to tune it and fix up the slop left over from the ecu...that might help
Im trying different configurations so Ill keep people updated. The ECU accepts the corrections if its not too much. What I am trying to do it piece together the right parts. We all know right now that with the 310 injectors and perrin rail its really rich. The few corrections made with a piggyback, the more likely the ecu will be ok with it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rollhard said:
Im trying different configurations so Ill keep people updated. The ECU accepts the corrections if its not too much. What I am trying to do it piece together the right parts. We all know right now that with the 310 injectors and perrin rail its really rich. The few corrections made with a piggyback, the more likely the ecu will be ok with it.
yea what I was trying to say was let the ECU string out its own fuel trims then back it down with the emanage instead of just trying to tune from the beginning cause thats when it will get overidden

·
Registered
611 Posts
Padanky said:
Eew, another xB gone to a Mustang. :(
i agree with the above statement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.