Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have on my gen1 a SRI, OBX 4-1 header, and an ebay special fast and furious exhaust. It does sound too bad though, but im hoping to get it a lil bit louder without it sounding raspy. I think you guys can relate. so i went to AAP and bought a glass pack after hearing a few friends (none with Xbs, but 4-bangers none the less) systems that sounded pretty decent.

So here is my predicament, i bought a cherrybomb 25'' with 2.25 inlet/outlet, only to discover that the piping on our cars comes from the factory with a little smaller piping (like around 2'' ???) Is this going to be a problem to install ?

Can the inlet/outlets right over the existing piping ?
Do most exhaust shops have the reduction piping handy ?
Should i take it back and get the same length, but with 2'' inlet/outlets ?

is anyone else in here running glasspacks ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a lot, btw does anyone in here run glasspacks? or know someone who does?

---------- Post added 01-15-2013 at 08:09 AM ----------

thanks* [=

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
Resonator to cat was 2". After the resonator, mine was either 1.5 or 1.75", I forget which. I've run glasspack on a 4 cylinder before, without a second muffler it'll be LOUD. With a muffler it'll be loud, but less loud.

With glasspack in place of resonator above, TRD exhaust (courtesy of Eamon here on CXB) by itself with a header below for sound comparison.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks so much for the vids,
i went ahead and got the 2'' since i had the receipt still...
How much should i expect to pay for this sort of install ??

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
I paid $100 for installation of a 2" pipe from the resonator back, and installation of my own muffler. The more parts you supply, the cheaper it'll get. (Pipe is expensive right now)

---------- Post added 01-16-2013 at 10:24 AM ----------

Also don't forget to haggle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts