Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new Toaster 2,000 miles on the odo.
First new car in 25 years
A Deer jumped out in front of me this morning. Everything plastic on the front is busted. Radiator fluid spraying out.
Hood crinkled.:mad:
I HATE PENNSYLVANIA DEER!!!!!:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
ouch, and you folks have some big deer down that direction to..

Poor time of season to be deer hunting. Most, if not all have dropped their horns by now.

Sorry to hear it. I live in the woods, so this is one of my greatest concerns while cooking along the roads. But again, our blacktail are pretty small compared to your whitetail.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Oh, I thought it said BEER.

There are deer problems up here in MN too. I have been fortunate though. Plus I live in/near the city so that help may chances at not hitting one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Hate Deer Pics

Here are some pics
All around the front complete with deer hair!
Along of the stupid deer issue-we just had another winter storm!
I can only pray for spring!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I understand that Pennsylvania has more vehicle > deer collisions annually than ANY other state.

Sorry to here your box got broken, but that can be fixed up. Just a good thing you weren't injured.

(I worry about smacking a deer, too, and have come close - There's even deer living on the same hill I do.)

Keep us informed on the repairs, OK?

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
im sorry to hear about your car, i almost wish i had a problem with deer. the urban deer problem seems to run rapid with tweekers. sometimes i wish i would have hit them. or the little chicano kids that think their gang bangers walking across the street single file, 15 kids deep. holding up cars because they thing we wont hit them. as stock/slow/quiet as my box is, when i see that line i downshift and go for the gold. unfortunately the actual animal doesnt know the difference it just thinks "oh ****" then WHAM. your out a car, hes out a life and hamburgers for everyone.

keep us updated on the progress of the vehicle. glad your allright.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Insurance adjuster is coming on Tuesday.
Conversation on the phone with him, he said it doesn't have to go to the dealer for the bodywork.
I bet you he will recommend after market rather than Toyota.
Still under warranty with only 2000 miles on it.
I wonder if it can even be fixed with any after market ?
What about the leaking radiator?
I wonder if after market will affect its warranty?
This is going to be an interesting conversation on Tuesday.
I'll keep ya all posted

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
tell them no, you have a warranty and you want all genuine toyota parts just like it was when you bought it off the showroom floor. then your assured to not run into fitment problems if you so choose to add your own aftermarket parts later. unless of course if the parts are poorly made. but since its under warranty, i say go OEM all the way.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
As to aftermarket parts: Toyota will NOT warrant any part that is not OEM, period.

A warranty is simply a company saying that all of the parts it used were of high quality and properly put together when the vehicle left the factory. If they aren't, they will fix them. Any parts installed after that point are legitimately the responsibility of the manufacturer of the part (parts) and whoever installed it (labor).

Most body shops warrant their work and the materials they use, because the factory warranty no longer applies to parts that are not factory and factory installed parts. (Some dealer work is covered as in some instances the dealer can be viewed as representing the manufacturer.)

For a vehicle only 2000 miles along, I'd insist on OEM body parts, but many insurance companies have real heartburn with that.

Good luck!
Tom

·
Registered
974 Posts
You have the right to refuse aftermarket parts, don't let the adjuster let you think it's THEIR choice where the parts come from.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Sorry to hear this, hopefully they will get you looking like new soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Must be something with the color.....got one around 2 days before my b-day in January...thats why i'm working on it.....front ends really do blow apart, don't they? Got mine around 45 mph early in the AM...one great way to mess your day up..although it was still drivable...

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
That sucks man -- Hope you get fixed up soon.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I think they're after us... there were two standing at the curve in my driveway when I headed for the store yesterday evening...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.