Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i hate deer ( UPDATE ) car is totalled....

so driving home from a local show, a deer wants to jump in front of my car at 45 mph. heres the results.... im devastated

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
received a call from the bodyshop today. they have stated my frame has received sufficient damage and it is bent. and the cost to repair it would exceed the worth of the vehicle. therefore it is a total loss and the car is going to be totalled. ohpefully they will give me some sufficient time to remove all aftermarket accessories that i have on there. as of right now i dont know where im going with a replacement vehicle. i will keep in touch

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
im sorry man that sucks :( are you yourself actually okay? hopefully insurance is cool and takes care of everything for you. sorry to hear about your car nonetheless.

scotty

·
Registered
198 Posts
That SUX scotty..
you might want to invest in some "deer whistles" they look funky but they DO work, just put behind your grills . so's they are out of sight.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hey did the deer at least die so that you can skin it an eat it? (free meat)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Are you ok?? The car can be replaced you can't but that really sucks. It looks like your xB can be fixed though.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Hope you're OK, sorry to hear about your Box. Really sorry to hear about the deer.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
mmmmmm venison...Hopefully the insurance part is goes smooth. damn that sucks...

·
Registered
552 Posts
That sucks, deer are a pain. I don't get how they're smart enough to know when hunting season is to hide, but not smart enough to stay off the roads.

I feel you pain, I've hit my share and dodge them almost every night.

Hope your alright and the insurance company treats you right.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
That sucks, first Day Tripper now you! Damn

·
Registered
490 Posts
I know how you feel. I've had two deer encounters this year. Last Thurs night my GF hit a deer in her Prius. Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea im fine. car is pretty messed up. didnt even have a chance to react it leaped right into my car. its going to the bodshop friday. im goin with about 7500 for an estimate. my guess. insurance is covering it all tho. hope they will buy me a new hood. otherwise there goes a nice chunk of change

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
christ bud. sorry to hear it. i may have to hit you up for parts. and help u um break in the tacoma.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Oh no!! That sucks!! Get another xB or wait and see what the new Scions are going to look like. :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well ive made my decision and am getting a brand new tacoma. 4x4 bsp, trd off road package... get to do everything i couldnt the past two years with the box. my dirtbike felt very unloved

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.