Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer on 03/04/06 and put in an order for a Salsa Red xB since they didn't have any on the lot. They told me it'd be 15-20 business days. But it arrived on 03/13/06! (Yay, but I wish they would have given me some notice about it's arrivial though)

When I walked around the car I noticed they didn't install my leather seats (I was ticked off). They said they had to specially order the material from the supplier and they'd give me a call when it came in so I could get it installed.

I took my pretty new Salsa Red xB home so I could learn to drive it (it's a stick and I've never driven a stick before.... It's been fun) The next day I noticed something different about it then any other xB on the lot. My xB had stereo controls on the steering wheel! I thought to myself "hey, I thought that feature wasn't suppose to even be available until mid to late march, I must have gotten one of the very first ones to have these controls!"

I checked the production date on the door plate and it reads "02/06" My car is really freaking new! So I'm pretty happy about that!

I didn't really want the steering wheel controls, but hey, free acc., right? Not going to pass on that!

Right now, my xB is at the dealer getting it's seats installed and the windshield was chipped so they're replacing the windshield.

If anyone wants to see the steering wheel or pictures of a stock Salsa Red xB with leather seats, I'll be willing to post once I get my baby back. Since it's just stock basicly, no mods, no wheels, no nothing, I won't be posting pictures unless someone spasificly wants to see it for some reason.

Note to all the people on this forum: You guys are really nice people, you help everyone out, compliment others choices for their accessories and mods, and just plain all around really great people to hear from. I just wanted to say, it's really wonderful to be a part of a community that is so close and warm. Thanks for being some of the nicest people on the net.

`--Chris

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Congrats on finally getting your SRP Chris! The leather seats don't come from the factory, they're always added after the purchase on vehicles that don't offer leather.

And your steering wheel audio controls became standard on the '06.5 xB's, the same time they added SRP as well as Shadow Mica. My wife has an SRP as well, she constantly rubs it in how much nicer her color and features are!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Congrats on the box!!! Love the color!! And Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hiya, welcome aboard! I am Matt, and I just joined a few weeks ago, and I spend more time on this site than my own lol.

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Welcome to the forums Chris! :D

Yeah, my wife's BSP has the wheel controls. I'm so jealous. My '06 bought in Oct '05, no controls...Her '06.5 bought in Feb. '06, w/controls. :( ;) :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
My box has the steering wheel controls too, I had no idea it was that new of an option. Cool! I cant get over the features these toasters come with in base trim. Not alot of cars in this segment give you much other than see through windsheild and rubber tires lol. I never regret my purchase.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The other thing my box has that I noticed isn't older ones is the passenger airbag system. When nobody is sitting in the passenger seat, or there isn't much weight on it, it automatically turns off. The light for it is on the dash where the 3 switch blanks are. Not too sure if I like it or not, but it is there....

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I saw my first Salsa up close the other day...nice choice in color. Feel free to post pics of any mod you make no matter how small. We love seeing what everyone is doing with their Boxes.:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
I saw my first Salsa up close the other day...
It's funny, we haven't seen another on the road since we purchased the wife's........ :confused:

Hey Chris, be sure to post pics in the SRP gallery! :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.