Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i actaully installed my speedo, and in only a few minutes! Well, my gas needle is a little off but only by like a needles width...Speed and Tach seem ok. Here it is, crappy camera and all.

Attachments

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i was worried about it but when i got at it was so easy ididnt even read the instructions online. It literally took about 5 minutes....then 15 trying to reset the needles. Anyone know of where to buy the "speed" needle that will glow?

·
Registered
491 Posts
wow that looks great! but i got one question ? how the hell did you get the needles off? all the cars i work on usaully 2 spoons will pull the right off.... but not this time!!!!

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i lightly taped the needle down(to keep it from jumping out) and just pulled up!

·
Registered
491 Posts
huh? so wat your saying is jus pull them up and out?

hope i don't end up punching myself in the face in the middle of this process! lmao (would be funny)

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
basically thats it, if its tough put some electrical tape on the end of a flathead screwdriver(or someting to prevent damage) and just do a little lever action on it. Pry near the base. If you do this method i recomend loose taping the needle so you dont have to search for it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You can always bend a fork into working, just don't use the good silver, your mother or wife or significant other will not forgive you.

And if you use your mother-in-laws :D , heaven help you your on your own !:eek:

·
Registered
491 Posts
i just posted a need thread with the pic's on how it came out! tell me wat you guys think? and by the way good looks on helping me with the needle's, i would of never had the ball's to pull them off unless i knew someone else did it first! oh and i jus used to flat head screwdrivers with my thumb on top so the need didn't go flying away!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts