Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that some one has said this before, but I have to ask about wheel spacing. I have racked my brain and found the rims that I like Enkei 16x7 DM5 wheels. I plan on getting 205/50/R16 tyres and would like to know how to order the back spacing? I know the front should be at 38, but can I get a offset that can make the rears almost flush to the body line? I want to avoid spacers if I can. Let me know what I can do. Also, anyone got a line on a good deal? Discount tire with Yokohamas and all of their fees runs up to $1039 including the lugs.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
As far as I know that wheel only comes in one offset 38mm for the size and application on the xb. You will have to run spacers to get the look your after.
Sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess if I have to have spacers then I will have to get some. IS it possible to have 16X7 in the front and 16X8 in the rear using the 38mm offset? Or does that wheel only come in the 16X7? I know I ask many questions but want to make sure I have the info to go and shop with.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
They come in a 7" only -- sorry again. You can do a staggered setup just not with that style wheel. Take a look into someother brands. Alot of guy's here are running a staggered fitment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I saw some Volk TE73's this weekend at the Rim of the World Rally and think they would look spot on in bronze on my Polar White box. They show a listing of 16X7 for 4x100 with +42 offset. They also show a 16X8 for 4X100 with +42 offset. I was thinking the 7's in the front and the 8's in back. Anyone think of any reason why this might not work? Or will it do what I want, as in fitting the wheels/tires to the body line?

I was just looking at www.jlbmotorsports.com and they have Rota Grid wheels (TE37 replicas) at a good price with 40mm offset, are they good wheels? Only offered in 16x7 so I would have to use spacers in the rear

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Volks won't be flush with the fenders in the rear. You could run spacers in the rear, but to make them flush, you'd need a 25 millimeter spacer (and probably a fender roll) or a 20 millimeter spacer. You could probably run those 8" wide Volks on the front as well.

Just to give you an idea, I'm running 18x8.5" wheels all around with +25 front and +20 rear. Fitment is pretty much flush with the rear fenders rolled.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
if you stick to 7 inch wide, fronts should be +15 will be flush, and rear would need to be +10 offset or maybe even +5. thats conservative, considering on a 7 inch rim it wouldnt be stretched like it would be on 8.5 inch wide. the stretch allows a little more aggressive offset to gettem flush.

Sport max makes some wheels that may work with minimal spacers, unless you want to get big spacers or order somethin custom from J-land.

scotty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts