Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the bad pics...think the camera is finally taking a dump.. :mad:

Cathodes under dash, and seats... LED's in air vents, A/C controls, and door handles...engine compartment cathodes soon to come...

From either of the front seats, none of the actual lights are visible, so there's NO interference with driving!! Also, the cathodes are on thier own switch, while the LED's come on with the driving lights.

I'm dying to change the Speedo, but I'm having a conflict of interest with that thing called a warranty... :(

All done by me. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Very nice. You know I like the blue, just check out my avatar! :D

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
very nice....doing similar work myself. How did you do the ac vents, i want to do that mod.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Looks good!

Welcome to the blue light club!

BTW, what setup did you use for the handles?
Been wanting to do that one for awhile. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A/C vents...........remove center console, drill a small hole in each a/c tube, (hole is only for the wire to exit the tube)....install LED, mounted inside the tube with velcro, connect wiring, replace center console..

Outer vents.....Remove speaker covers, follow above instructions, replace speaker covers.!! LOL Pretty simple

Door handles....I found these on ebay, for around 12.00 shipped for 4. Inside the blue "box" is a resistor...Perfect for mounting with velcro. Removed the inside of the door, lift handle and feed wires thru a small opening under the handle. Mine are wired into the power wires for the windows, so when the car is on, they are on.

Hope this helped!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I was at my friends house last week, explaining my issues with the LED's in the gauge cluster.. Instead of changing the lights...we came up with this...
It's still a prototype...but MAD props to my friend Christy(Sativa) for coming up with this!!!!

Thats hot!:D

·
Dori Dori
360 Posts
thats pretty friggin sweet. Is it pretty easy to change out all the LEDs in the dash behind the conrolls and stuff????

Ive been wanting to do that but dont have the time to pull it all appart and experiment.

Also, i was thinking of doing the door handle things on the outside too but i wanted to somehow make it so that they turn on when u unlock the doors and then they will fade out or whatever once ur in. IDK how to do that but it would be cool.

Doesnt the dome light do that? like when u hit the unlock it turns on? I dont remember.... hmmm might just have to go outside and check.

·
Dori Dori
360 Posts
oh snap!!!! I wish ours did it.

What year is yours, maby its the years, is yours one of the special ed ones like the green, yellow, orange?

Thats a bummer that it doesnt change on ours.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Looking real nice there man -- I love that speedo face too :cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh snap!!!! I wish ours did it.

What year is yours, maby its the years, is yours one of the special ed ones like the green, yellow, orange?

Thats a bummer that it doesnt change on ours.

Mines an 06.... I dont think the year has anything to do with it, think its just the kind of radio..

Does yours have the MP3, WMA and Ipod capability??

·
Dori Dori
360 Posts
ITs an 06, the CD player has that center consule hook up for the I pod or whatever. I think it says something about MP3 too.

The sales man never mentioned anything about it but they didnt even know what the HP or Weight was so....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts