Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been doing a lot of research on the xB lately.. and I understand that the xB is suppose to get good gas mileage.. well i was thinking of getting BIGGER rims.. but i was wondering how much affect would that have on the MPG? .. because i'm deciding on whether to buy 18" rims or some 15" rims.. and is it true.. that a 15" wheel is faster than an 18" ? well anyways here are some choices for some rims.. for my TCM..

15"

18"

In my opinion gunmetal looks great with the TCM paint.. if you have any suggestions.. post 'em up for me.. thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright.. sport max it is :) .. once i break in my car a little bit.. i'm on 5 miles :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sportmax! they look sweet.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thx admin for the heads up.. ill send him a msg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
15" inch rims aren't "faster" they're...quicker....just think rotaional mass....smaller things get up to speed sooner...but bigger is faster because it doesn't take as many rotaions to cover the same area....so if you get 18's your top speed might might might increase a few mph..not much...only if your tire ends up taller than it would be on the 15...and I mean over all highth, not series....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Gomen nasai, but your partially wrong about the rotational... it completely depends on the size tire used too... I'm gonna leave it at that. As for faster it also depends on the weight of the wheel.. of course a 18" wheel that weighs 20lbs will rotate faster, quicker and everything else over a 15" wheel that weighs 30lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts