Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a 12 inch drop down monitor in my car a few months ago.

I was attempting to hook up the audio to the head unit hiding everything behind the head unit (not a wireless setup).

However, after removing the antenna plug(behind head unit) and putting in the transmitter plug it wouldnt let me play CDs or anything. Why does this happen? I couldnt get any sound...

Do I need to do something else? It was a scoshe brand FM transmitter that ive already returned to walmart...

I do not want to go the wireless route - what are my options? Must i go wireless?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one more thing!

Just for a little more info -

Im using a playstation under the drivers seat for the DVDs and such..

My main question was:

Why is the FM transmitter not working? Do i need some other adapter?

Anyone have any experience? Im sure someone has a flip down monitor hooked up to a playstation..How are you working the audio if the monitor doesnt have speakers?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know someone here has answers...any help at all?

Maybe my explanation isnt so clear...if thats the case -

Im a novice when it comes to audio/video - my friend who has plenty of experience installed the monitor on the ceiling and ran all of the wiring. He also was the one who was 'installing' the FM TRANSMITTER behind the head unit. Once he plugged the transmitter into the antenna jack - he then plugged the antenna back into the FM transmitter - at this point we tested out a CD to check for sound.

For some reason the FM transmitter prevented the CD from 'making beats'. We unplugged the transmitter - popped the antenna back in and the CD player worked...

I can play video games on the monitor..that works fine..i just have no audio so i cant watch movies or anything..

any suggestions? dont make me visit SL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have line outputs, you can use an aux converter. This is what I bought for my 2005 xB with the standard head unit to hook up my mp3 player:

LOGJAM ELECTRONICS

Name Code Qty Each Options
---------------------------------------------------------------
Name: P.I.E. 3.5-RCA6MM RCA to 3.5mm Adapter Code: 35RCA6MM Qty: 1 Each: 14.95

Name: P.I.E. TOY03-AUX 2003-2006 Toyota Auxiliary Input Converter Code: TOY03AUX Qty: 1 Each: 69.95

It works great. I can still play CD's, and easily switch between a CD and the aux input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.