Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 06 Scion XB Release Series 3.0 I have the upgraded Alpine stereo/dvd/mp3 player that came from the dealer. I went to hook up these subs I traded for a crappy drum kit. Everything is wired in correctly and good to go, but I still don't have working subs. I tested the amp in another car and it works beautifully. Is the Alpine stereo not a plug and play?? Does anyone have any idea on this situation. I need some help......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plug and play is a simple term to say you wire everything yourself and play your music through the subs. I have a Visonic system which is half decent. I traded a really crappy drum kit for these suckers and they actually surprised me in sound. I have RCA cables running from the back of the head unit into the amp. That is the proper way of doing it.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
im impressed. i didnt know the alpine deck had sub-preouts.

do you have a good ground for the amp?

explain how you have it setup exactly and i should be able to help. you got your power from battery all the way back to the amp. you got RCAs from deck to amp. you got your power wire from amp to sub? all have correct grounds? how is the setup wired from amp to subs? 8 ohm each?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think the alpine deck has sub-preouts. That may be my problem and I have to figure out how I can get preouts. I have a great ground for the amp its the doorhinge inside between the bolt and door hinge. That is perfect. 10 gauge Rockford wiring kit from Best Buy running everything. I think it may be the preouts. Got any suggestions on how to get it to output instead of input

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
on ebay you can get an RCA/preout converter thingy ma bob. its a line coverter that cost like 50 bucks you can use. then it will be capable and work hopefully. i dont see any on there now, but they show up occasionally.

scotty

·
Registered
276 Posts
ok not sure how the Alpine is designed but I believe it does have the pre outs. is the amp turning on and just no tunes are coming out or is it not even turning on.

If no power, did you hook up the blue remote wire that actually turns it on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.