Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here is what I want to have done to Baby Bootz, but I have no idea what this is going to cost me and I was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I want a different exhaust. I do not like the one I have. Beside being noisy, it looks cheap. My windows are too dark. I am not even sure if they are legal, so I want to get them lighter. I also want to put a roof rack on it, but I have already been given some good sites to look for one of those.

I do not know how to work on cars. I am totally new to this. I would appreciate any advice you guys can give me and I will post some pictures later. Thanks!

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Axleback is easy to do. Do some searches they vary in price or you might find someone to swap for their stock one. They have stuff to remove window tint at most auto supplies I think even Wal Mart carry it. It's pretty messy but I think that would be your only option other then changing out glass.
Good Luck.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
mcgrawm7 said:
is the tint easy to remove? Is this something that will turn into a project to get it off?
A bit of a project but not hard. You just have to be patient and careful not to scratch glass and have plenty of towels or rags handy. Tape plastic on your panels. Are you planning on doing all or just front side windows? You might check with a window tinting place and see what they charge to remove if you want all windows done. I've only done it once it took about an hour per window but I wasn't sure of what I was doing. It did work out ok though. Got a ticket for too dark so I had no choice. In most states 35% is legal on front sides might have them checked and if legal leave them sure helps in summer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband just told me we will take it somewhere to have it done. I just want the front side windows because it is so dark, I have a difficult time seeing at night. People around here have a habit of walking out in front of you or turning right into the lane. Visibility would be a good thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.