Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Major Bust!!

Thought that was the hatch rattling, but it didn't stop once the hatch was openend. Just a little bit of clipping going on!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Better get thicker glass. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ugh, i didn't even think about the glass messing up the paint on the bumper.. hmm, i'll have to check that out in the morning!! i didnt notice anything but who knows

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The only reason I know is because I had my old truck broken into because it had a system in it and the took it. The paint on that truck was flawless and the passengers door was F'd up becuase of the glass falling out.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Well....I wanna say that all the videos I've seen where people blow out their glass with their systems have them facing directly at the hatch. Kinda makes sense when you're putting most of the resonance into the hatch.

My old 15's was hitting 141.5db facing up, had them in there for 3 years, and I've never worried once about my hatch glass.

Build a new box so they're angled, the sound waves will stay in the car and less resonance will be blasted into the hatch. Just my 2 cents. Wanna save you the worry of getting more glass.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Or don't overpower your subs like they were in the video clip. Too much volume=overpowering=clipping=sounding like crap, and by the looks of it also broken windows. :D

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You can overpower your subs if you know what you're doing. It's just like you can throw a raw egg and not break it if you know what you're doing. I've over powered every sub I've owned, and only ever destroyed one (kinda happened because it was way over powered, but I just wanted to see what it could take. lmao) It's a nice story, and I may just open a thread about it. I've been itching to tell it lately, as my car might have burned down.

Anyways.

People just don't understand that when the sub no longer produces a nice bass note, and you hear grinding from it that you're not making more bass, but destroying that 200 dollars you invested.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i worked at a custom car shop installing systems, so i know what i'm doing.. i turned them up for the occasion.. as you can see i got the new subs directly after..

AND

to let everyone know, the glass was FREE to replace because it was still under warantee!

but of course i took the system out and put the spare tire back in and make it look stock.. and played dumb!! cant forget that!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"-People just don't understand that when the sub no longer produces a nice bass note, and you hear grinding from it that you're not making more bass, but destroying that 200 dollars you invested."

more like 200 each sub

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
damn....I wouldn't think they would cover glass, since if the rear window breaks most likely it's because of someone breaking in or something hitting it! Not a manufacturer default. That's pretty sweet. Did they give you a hard time about it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no, i dont like to lie about things like that.. but i admit i told them that i woke up one morning and went out to the garage only to see a big pile of glass.

i know i know i'm a discrace to society :(

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Screw it....every word out of a dealers mouth is a lie. Fight fire with fire if ya have to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.