Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian here, who is going to purchase an xB within the near future.

It's a shame that i have to go through a specialty company to have it imported and inspected as they are so much cheaper to buy in the US.

Anyways, im hella excited to pick up a Polar White xB soon.

I currently own a AE92 sedan, and im stoked to upgrade.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The specialty importing company charges 21900 CDN dollars for a standard base xB. That does not include sales tax, or any other taxes associated with purchasing a new vehicle here.

That doesn't include any of the factory accesories that i would be after. Fair enough, because i would probably replace them all anyways.

If i were to purchase an xB in Washington [which is the closest state to where i live] it would cost 16,937.93 CAD with the current rate of exchange being 1 USD = 1.16252 CAD. That is base, and that too does not include state taxes, and associated costs.

My other option is to purchase a used xB. I could very well go onto ebay and look for what there, but i'm a little skeptical about purchasing something so risky online.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Well, you have made the right choice. xB's are alot of fun, and you can do just about anything with them. I never regret buying mine. Welcome aboard BTW, and let us know when you get your box.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xjeepguy said:
Well, you have made the right choice. xB's are alot of fun, and you can do just about anything with them. I never regret buying mine. Welcome aboard BTW, and let us know when you get your box.:)

im actually looking at the purchase of the xB by late october/early november of this year, as im currently finishing up my telecommunications degree.....:( That's the dissapointing thing.

But hey, there are always pictures to keep me entertained. :)

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Phreshnphunky said:
The specialty importing company charges 21900 CDN dollars for a standard base xB. That does not include sales tax, or any other taxes associated with purchasing a new vehicle here.

That doesn't include any of the factory accesories that i would be after. Fair enough, because i would probably replace them all anyways.

If i were to purchase an xB in Washington [which is the closest state to where i live] it would cost 16,937.93 CAD with the current rate of exchange being 1 USD = 1.16252 CAD. That is base, and that too does not include state taxes, and associated costs.

My other option is to purchase a used xB. I could very well go onto ebay and look for what there, but i'm a little skeptical about purchasing something so risky online.
The thing about buying used is that you will pay new price for it anyway. I personally would do new. Do have to go through the importing company or can you buy in WA?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i really wanted to, i can go to WA to purchase one, but coming back across the border will be the biggest PAIN. I had already looked into this last year when the thought of a new xB came into mind.

Customs will have to hold the vehicle for a certain period of time in order for inspection and certification, and then i would have to pay the manditory fee's and taxes.

in all honesty it will turn out to be roughly the same price [give or take a 500-1000 or so] to have it seamlessly imported.

Funny thing is, i can purchase an 800HP RHD skyline from japan for 6000 CDN shipped, but i cant purchase a 100hp economy car from the states.

where is the logic in that?

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Phreshnphunky said:
if i really wanted to, i can go to WA to purchase one, but coming back across the border will be the biggest PAIN. I had already looked into this last year when the thought of a new xB came into mind.

Customs will have to hold the vehicle for a certain period of time in order for inspection and certification, and then i would have to pay the manditory fee's and taxes.

in all honesty it will turn out to be roughly the same price [give or take a 500-1000 or so] to have it seamlessly imported.

Funny thing is, i can purchase an 800HP RHD skyline from japan for 6000 CDN shipped, but i cant purchase a 100hp economy car from the states.

Logical Government = Oxymoron...lol

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Interesting things goin' on in Canada! As it already has been said, you'd be much better off with a new xB versus used.

BTW, Big Welcome from San Diego, CA. (Can't call it sunny right now, lots of rain at the moment.) :(

And PW is THE best color!

·
Registered
659 Posts
white is not always right when yellow can be so mello :p :p :p ;) OMC

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Polar White all the way baby! It's a beauty eh? Sorry, that's all the Canadian I know. Welcome. :D

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
boxd_up said:
BSP ROCKS DA HOWSE!!! :p
w0rd!

welcome to the board Phunky! where abouts do you live in Canada? Wife and I spent our honeymoon on an Alaskan Cruise and spent two days in Vancouver and LOVED it. My now favorite big city. Been wanting to go back ever since :eek: :D

look at the bright side of getting the xB imported,.... *we* got strange looks when we started driving our boxes, but you'll be one of the only ones up there probably! It's a unique car to begin with, but you'll be one of a kind!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dew said:
w0rd!

welcome to the board Phunky! where abouts do you live in Canada? Wife and I spent our honeymoon on an Alaskan Cruise and spent two days in Vancouver and LOVED it. My now favorite big city. Been wanting to go back ever since :eek: :D

look at the bright side of getting the xB imported,.... *we* got strange looks when we started driving our boxes, but you'll be one of the only ones up there probably! It's a unique car to begin with, but you'll be one of a kind!

From Vancouver, born and raised.

it is a beautiful city indeed. Been getting hella sunshine recently, and with snow still on the local hills and whistler, been taking FULL advantage of which.

We have xB's here, but they are only a small handful, as stated before, they are hard to come by.

So im hoping to pick up one REAL soon....it may come earlier, if i get paid from my recent commercial soon.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
PW's Kick Ars! You'll love it!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Phreshnphunky said:

:eek: *drool* can you get me one?? Ahh man that would be so awesome to have a Skyline. Those cars are so hot. Have that and my baby Camo Toaster. MMmmmmm....anyway.. Welcome to the club. The Pearl White's are very pretty. I could've got one but I got camo. LOL. Anyway....can't wait till you get it so you can post up some pictures.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
boxd_up_2 said:
Aside from TCM ofcourse!!!...lol :p :D

LOL!! Yeah!!

Welcome to the boards! I enjoy looking at the pics and the posts cuz I think the members are very entertaining! :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.