Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im sure when you peeps turn on your car you look at the radio screen and it says "scion" i am wondering if you can reprogram it to say somthing else...?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The instructions are in your stereo manual. I'd tell you how but I sent the manual with the stereo when I sold it.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Ha ha, have fun it's a bit time consuming I hear! :p

I didn't even bother after hearing that you have to reprogram it every time power gets disconnected...?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry peeps but i dont have a stereo manual so if somone could do a detailed NO PIXS NECessary...DIY on how to change the radio from saying scion to somthing else

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
From http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f23/573-anyone-reprogram-their-welcome/

Point_Oh said:
Better late then never. This is for the 06 modles and is right out of the manual.

1) Moving to “Customize Mode” to Enable Editing
a) With the main unit on, turn the key from the ACC position to the off position.
b) On the main unit, press and hold the MUTE button then turn the key to ACC. The horizontal line in the LCD display will start flashing.
c) Within 15 sec. after confirming the horizontal line is flashing, press and hold the PRESET 1 button then turn the key to OFF position.

2) Editing the Text
After completing the shift to customize mode, a flashing cursor shows the letter that can be edited by selecting a letter starting from “A”. The letter selection method is described below. The time allowed for editing is limited to 60 sec. (if you don’t finish w/in the 60 sec just repeat the first 3 steps and it will let you start where you left off)

i) Press the PRESET 3 or 4 buttons to change the flashing letter by displaying other letters one by one. The letters will change continuously if you press and hold the PRESET 3 or 4 buttons. List of the letters and numbers that can be selected: Upper case letters (A-Z), Lower case letters (a-z), Numbers (0-9), Spaces, and Symbols.
ii) With the character that you want to select displayed, press the PRESET 6 button to select it. After selecting the character, the cursor moves to the right so you can edit the next character. After you select the 16th character, the entire line starts flashing. To delete the selected characters the PRESET 5 button. After you delete a character the cursor shifts left so you can edit the previous character. If you delete all of the text, you can edit from the first character.
iii) After you are finished selecting the text for the line, press and hold down the PRESET 6 button. The selected text string is registered as the Welcome Screen. The customize mode ends and the registered text string is displayed of 6 sec.

3) The next time the ACC is switched on, the text edited by the user will be displayed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Yup, that's how you do it. I forgot to reset mine before I sold it so the guy who bought it probably thought I was a big fan of 80's music...

Blondie is my girlfriend. :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
It doesn't give you a lot of time to finish but you can do the initial steps over again and it will pick up where you left off at. Took me a couple of trys to get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.