Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone on this site has done an LED dash/gauge lighting change? I want to change the standard illumination from the factory orangish color to more of a purple color in the area that shows the speed/gas/rpm and then warm/cold control, low/high control and vent cotrol.

If anyone has a seen a write up for an XB or pictures that would be great!

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I totally have to agree with this. I have a salsa red box with red interior lights and I want to swoop out those ulgy amber colored LEDs with something red. I'm going for a theme here, get me?

A write up on how to get to each light, and a place to buy new ones (in various colors) would be a great help!

·
Registered
485 Posts
im pretty sure that the orange part you are talking about is actually the gauge cover itself. the Led behind it is white, but the paper that shows the gas/rpm is actually orange itself. If you wanted to change the white part (speed), its pretty easy. just take off the cover and take a sharpie and color over the led bulb. it will turn the white part whatever color you want. just dont do it for the orange part or you will get a weird, ugly color lol.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
hey joe! hope you had a good birthday yesterday!! theres a guy on the other site that does custom gauge faces. you may want to look in to that too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yellow_sub said:
hey joe! hope you had a good birthday yesterday!! theres a guy on the other site that does custom gauge faces. you may want to look in to that too.
Yeah I think I know the one you are talking about......those are tight too I think that I am going to get a custom face insert for the guage as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
azztinthebox said:
umm...go to members and look up superfreestyle....he has a how to do link for it he did it in his xb.....very good details too....
I don't see it? is it on this site clubxb.com?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I didnt find anythign over there, scionevolution.com is now scionevolution.org. Replacing the LED's isnt that bad like I said but you should know how to solder some small $hit and have a decent soldering iron.

·
Registered
361 Posts
in appearence page 3 the thread is titled "my first mod led clock" I think that has pics an all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.