Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched on the DIY session....there are some thread shown how to open up the mirror or install the e'sam signal to the cover, however, both of them didn't show how to wire up the light.

I kind of know that I can directly wire it up to the signal light wire which the bulb attach to the headlight, but since i have my projector light wire all wire up in that area, its kind of hard for me to wire into it.(Also, i don't know if it would be too over load)

I am thinking of wire it up to the fuse box which is inside the car(under the dash of driver side). but....sure......i have no idea of which wire is belong to the left signal and which for the right signal.

Hopefully someone could help me out:(.
And for sure!!! some pictures could help a lot!

Thank you for reading the whole thread:)

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
912 Posts
When I installed my ESAM led mirror covers I tapped into the left turn and right turn signal wires which both run under the driver's side door scuff plate. The plate, and the fuse block cover right in front of it, are easy to remove. I do not have any pictures of my install procedure.

On my 2005, the left turn wire is green with a black stripe, and the right turn wire is green with a yellow stripe. I picked up a ground at the ground tap bolt next to the fuse block.

I ran the right side mirror cover wires behind the dash. For each door, after removing the panels, I found by pulling the wiring boot into the door, it would straighten enough to make using a coat hanger wire easy to pull the new wires through. Easy routing into the mirror housing with the electric motor harness.

Some people tap into the fender turn signal lights for the mirror cover lights; those also are left turn wire green with a black stripe, and right turn wire green with a yellow stripe on a 2005.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m trying to tap into those wires but I’m not sure which one is which. Could you please point it out on this pic? Much appreciated:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts