Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a deer with my 2014 xB and sheered off the side view mirror among other things.

I found a used replacement but I can't figure out how to remove the interior tweeter panel to get at the three bolts that hold the mirror on.

I'm afraid of cracking it or scraping it with a screw driver while I pry it off. Does anyone know if I have to remove the whole interior door panel to get that off or if there is some special trick on how to do it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't have a gen2 but on most cars I have dealt with they just snap on with plastic push pins or whatever they are called. Being a newer car it's probably never been off before so its going to be tight. Do no use a screw driver, pick up some plastic trim panel removal tools to help pry it off if you can't get behind it enough with your fingers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying.

I just tried again with a screwdriver wrapped in a cloth. I did scratch a bit of paint but i got it off. You were right, it was tight.

I had been worried because my mechanic told me I might have to remove the whole door panel if they were linked together.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Glad you got it to work, that sucks hitting a deer with a new car, hope the rest of the damage wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the windshield is cracked and hood is dented.

Turns out that to get to the plug for the signal light/power is in the door panel so I'll have to get the whole door panel off. I suppose it is more of the same prying.

·
Registered
411 Posts
door panels are a little more tricky but not too hard. Look for a speaker install DIY on here, they should have placement of all the screws you need to remove before you start popping the panel. A door panel tool is a good idea, makes things easier, here is a link but you should be able to find them local at any auto parts store.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Greg, I also found a video
which shows a similar procedure.

However it turns out I don't have a screw in my door handle. I'm going to try prying these pieces out and hopefully that doesn't matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts