Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got this part from Superfa and just wanted to do a how to cause they didn't have one..

Lets get started.

First you want to disconnect your battery positive terminal before attempting to do this install.

Unscrew the shift knob.

Take the carpet fabric out of the rear cup holder and unscrew the bolt with a Philipes Screw Driver.

Pop off the console cover.

To take off the console pull the front of the consolre upward.

There are two white fasteners in the front of the console. Make sure they are attached to the console.

Now take your console to your work space and flip the console upside down.

You will see the taps that hold the bottom bezel onto the consle. Pull the taps inward and take off the bottom bezel.

With the bezel still upside down take out the shift boot, it is held in buy a metal ring that snaps out.

I used a different shift boot but go ahead and snap the shift boot onto the new bezel.

Your New bottom bezel and shift boot should look something like this.

Now take the new bezel and snap it on to the console.

Now put everything back together in your car and find a way to power up your bezel.

Now as for lighting it up there are many different ways to do this. I have all of my light ran to a switch so I just pluged it into that. You can also tap into the cigarette lighter for a power source. Buy doing this the bezel will only come on when a key is in the "power" position in the ignition.

Here are some pics

I also want to say thanks to Shawn at Superfa for letting me be one of the first people with this part.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
This part is not on their site!
I have the shift bezel but no bottom bezel.
How much was this part?
I need this in orange!

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
that was a cool walk through, its something ill probably never do but it was a damn good instructional. allthough those little lights in the door locks are neet. where did you come up on those from?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i installed one on my auto. a little bit of trimming was needed but it was well worth it

·
Registered
309 Posts
hmm i just spent over an hour trying to install the bottom bezel on my auto, couldnt get it to fit it seems theres something underneath that does not fit right. emailed superfa but they're not responding. in the auction it said specifically that it fit auto or manual but i'm guessing thats not the case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
awesome walkthrough. Just bought top and bottom bezels. I have stealer installed leds under dash and in cup holders. They're on a switch. (1)Can I "T-Tap" the power going to that switch and run it to another switch for the two bezels? (2) do i need an inline fuse here somewhere? If so what size?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
well as for the trimming it has been awhile. i used a dremmel tool and took a little bit off the piece of plastic the bezel fits onto, not the bezel itself. Sorry I am not much help. It pisses me off that they market this product for an auto and it doesnt fit right. I am not going to dis the company but they should say some trimming is required. They never got back to any of the emails I sent them when my product didnt fit.

Whatever you do dont force it on even the smallest crack and the LEDs will stop working!!!!!!! I had to have mine repaired.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
awesome walkthrough. Just bought top and bottom bezels. I have stealer installed leds under dash and in cup holders. They're on a switch. (1)Can I "T-Tap" the power going to that switch and run it to another switch for the two bezels? (2) do i need an inline fuse here somewhere? If so what size?

Thanks
Yes you can tap it into the power going to the switch for your other LED's. And the cup holder led should already have a fuse, if it dosent the you should add one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.