Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i hook up the foglights?

can i connect the positive wire to my front turn signals, so when i turn my lights on 1 click i can have my turnsignals and my foglights on the same time?

will that fry the wire?

could i hook it up to my headlight wires?
i plan on having both on all the time anyway, so would this be legit too?

·
Registered
195 Posts
You can get that relay @ Radio Shack # 275-226 (it's comperable). I didn't use a relay. I also didn't use that crappy fuse holder that came w/ the lights. I got a good weather resistant one at Radio Shack. It's mounted to the strut tower.
I wired them up this way. From the switch, One wire to the one leg of the fuse holder. Other leg of fuse holder to BAT. Other wire on switch, (2 wires actually) one goes to both hot wires on the lights, the other goes to a 10mm LED (anode side) that is mounted in the other switch blank on the dash. Cathode side is a ground wire run over behind the glove box. Ground wires on both lights are tied together and run to the ground @ BAT. All connections outside the cabin are soldered and heat shrinked. All connections underdash are with insulated connectors. I chose not to tap into head or sidemarker lights once I saw how small gauge the wires were and didn't want to over load the parking light circuit.
If you want to have these come on w/ the headlights I guess you could run power side of the fuse to the factory fog light relay connector and draw power from that. I don't know if that would work or not...haven't tried it yet

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
can i connect the positive wire to my front turn signals, so when i turn my lights on 1 click i can have my turnsignals and my foglights on the same time?

will that fry the wire?

could i hook it up to my headlight wires?
i plan on having both on all the time anyway, so would this be legit too?
yes you can do either...I have mine wired to my parking lights. It shouldn't fry the wires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.