Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done searches and couldn't find a link that shows me how to clear out my tail lights with pictures. I have stumble into it a month ago but i some how cant fine it now. Can some post up the link for me please.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If you know how to pull the headlights out, there's 2 ways, baking it, or breaking that actual amber piece.

If baking, right about 200 degrees on the oven and let the headlamp sit in there for like 3-5 minutes, and check to see if you can pull it apart. If not, let it sit for another 3 minutes....Pull lamp apart and pull out amber piece. Reseal and put back together, rebake.

If using the break method. You can use a screwdriver and a piece of cloth so you don't scratch the inside too bad, and lightly hit it with a hammer until it breaks. Repeat with other side. Use compressed air to get the smaller bits of amber plastic out.

OR, you can get a hook tool and pry at the amber pieces....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Ballers pop tags, DIY'ers pop tabs...

you planning on leaving them clear or are you gonna candie them? if you leave them clear make sure you get led bulbs for the ultimate clear look

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
use a lot of butter knives. they help out a lot poppin them tabs, you'll know what i'm talking about.
yeah that is method i used. It only took me like a min to take them apart. It just seem pointless to put them in the oven when they are only held by tablets

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ballers pop tags, DIY'ers pop tabs...

you planning on leaving them clear or are you gonna candie them? if you leave them clear make sure you get led bulbs for the ultimate clear look

yup that is what i use, but led light dont seem bright at all in the day time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone have any suggestion for led bulbs that would show up red in the day time not pink? I'm using the 18 bulb led bulb for my clear tail lights and the output sucks in the day but at night it is pretty nice looking.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
ebay...i can't remember who I got mine from though...they look awsome both day and night...

One reason for baking the tails was not to break the tabs or the clear lens, but that was before th bunch of butter knives method came about

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ebay...i can't remember who I got mine from though...they look awsome both day and night...

One reason for baking the tails was not to break the tabs or the clear lens, but that was before th bunch of butter knives method came about
can you please find out for me please.... i need brighter lights.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I coulda sworn I read in the original title of it being how to clear headlights. Bah well, my bad.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
can you please find out for me please.... i need brighter lights.
I don't know if it was warden_jp2002 that i got them from but he does have some great LEDs, you usually get them in about a week from overseas...it might have been seizz, but he doesn't have any for sale now...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.