Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ya gota remember, these are not race cars, they are economy cars. If you do these things, the car will break. It is designed for a totally different purpose.

For example, My buddy in high school got a brand new (at the time) 93 corolla. He did burnouts, beat the crap out of it, ran nitrous, and the transmission went out at 15k, the engine started burning oil at 25k, and till this day he swears the car was "a peice of sh!t":rolleyes: although it was totally his fault it died. The car was made to be a reliable daily driver, not a race car. You wouldnt buy a screwdriver to drive a nail would you?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
^^ Very true.

Just remember a few things: No matter what car you buy, whether it's designed for economy, or for sport racing, doing things like burn-outs, ESPECIALLY with an auto sill damage the transmission. It doesn't matter if there's 100hp or 1000hp, you will screw something up.

If you're looking to impress people with the power of the box, get a security system and put a huge tv in it. No-one will care if it goes fast then.

·
Registered
759 Posts
^^ Very true.

Just remember a few things: No matter what car you buy, whether it's designed for economy, or for sport racing, doing things like burn-outs, ESPECIALLY with an auto sill damage the transmission. It doesn't matter if there's 100hp or 1000hp, you will screw something up.

If you're looking to impress people with the power of the box, get a security system and put a huge tv in it. No-one will care if it goes fast then.
Thats f/en funny^^^^^^^

·
3,453 Posts
It seems to be that if you have a tv in the back of your box, you can achieve anything....

I've thought about it myself, and then thought about the whole thing costing an arm and a leg........But if it will win you shows.......hmmmm....... LMAO

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Do a roll back and slide it into drive and stomp the gas. It works.

It ain't my fault if you **** something up.

·
3,453 Posts
^^ Don't forget the disclaimer:

Whatever you do to your car....No-one takes responsibility but yourself.

·
Registered
368 Posts
SH$T!!!

I forgot I was talking about a xB!!!

Okay I'll take the hit...

*sigh* now I'm all read faced:cool:

You shouldn't feel bad, line locks work on FWD cars, not as effective if you have drums as disc in back. But they do work. Have used one for a parking brake on one car, and it was FWD.

If you really want fun, try putting McDonalds trays ( ya know the plastics ones they serve on?)under your rear wheels and set the brake. you can slide around a dry parking lot a long time.Do this at your own risk, I assume no responsability for the trouble you get into.

·
Registered
869 Posts
it's easy.....you can pull the e-brake and stomp the gas or you can but the brake on and the gas...get your RPM's up hi and let the brake off then it should spin the tires.....oh yeah, remember to turn the traction control off:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.