Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a VIS CF Hood. I like the look, but the fitment is kind of bad. I had the bodyshop at the dealer I purchased my hood and car from install it. But even after having them play with it a few times, the hood still pokes up some on the driver's side. It annoys me because when I drive, I can see the hood begin to lift up with the wind.

SO, how can I adjust the hood to make it fit better? As I said before, I didnt install it so I dont where to begin. Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Take it to another body shop get a second opinion on the method of installation. But before you do that, check if they are tightening it right.

If that doesnt work then you need hood pins.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
VIS was the first problem. Those things are so flimsy. Should've got a carbon creations hood. There are bulletproof. The best fix now is hood pins and you should use them anyway. especially if the hood lifts when your driving

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VIS was the first problem. Those things are so flimsy. Should've got a carbon creations hood. There are bulletproof. The best fix now is hood pins and you should use them anyway. especially if the hood lifts when your driving
I wanted Seibon, but the dealer told me they could only get VIS.

The hood only lifts on the side that sticks up a bit. The hood has even gaps on both sides. Passengers side sits flush with fender and it doesnt move. Drivers side is the one that sticks up above the fender. Might have to go hoodpins. I just hate how they look.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a Seibon, the fit is dead on.

Life up the hood and adjust those black rubber stoppers. They twist like a screw, clockwise will push them down, counter clockwise up. There are 4.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
well, you may not like the look, but it's that or your hood flies off on the H/W and then everyone will laugh. Remember, what holds the hood to the latch? a little fiberglass? not very strong if you think about it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've thought about running pins but I still don't. Ive been going strong for about 2 months now with no shaking or anything. Then again I have a Seibon, and that thing is solid.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
check the link in my sig for seibon hoods. also vis aint that bad i have their hatch and it fits fine. i can even run my fab wing with it which most cf hatches won't allow you to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.