Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AND NO CHASTITY BELTS JOKES! :p

Any case I'm thinking about securing my box. Cruising around some of the other sites I was reading the horror stories about people getting their gear jacked from their rides. Thank goodness I have not had the unlucky happenings of these folks as I've left about $4k in photography equipment in my box while running into the store...

Sad thing is I got a car alarm for christmas and have yet to get it installed. I'll be doing that this weekend ASAP. I had one vehicle broken into in my life and beleive me when I saw it as I walked out that morning I felt horrible. I know if someone wants something bad enough there's nothing you can do but I want to do everything I can to deter them from trying in the first place.

Things I'm looking to do here real soon will be getting the alarm installed, buying a club for the steering wheel, lock lugs, getting darker tint on the windows and possibly getting the lo-jack system. I had lo-jack on my last car and really like the secure feeling it gave, also advertising it is a huge determent to would be theives.

So besides the obvious what else would you peeps recomend doing?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Let a really hungry Pit Bull sleep in your Box at night. :eek:

Park it in a garage.

Sleep in it yourself. :D

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Cravin said:
I've got wheel locks and a pager alarm. I keep it garaged at night but I drive all over Los Angeles for work. I try to park in garages where I used to park on the street to save coin. Really theres only so much you can do to keep the thugs away. :eek:
What's a pager alarm? My box doesn't have a security system and it makes me worried...:(

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Its a car alarm that pages you when it goes off. The remote has a screen that tells me if a door opened or a window gets broken then it sends me a tune like a minature cellphone.

My Alarm cost 350.00 installed. I think it was worth it.
This is the first car I've ever owned with an alarm.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Cravin said:
Its a car alarm that pages you when it goes off. The remote has a screen that tells me if a door opened or a window gets broken then it sends me a tune like a minature cellphone.
Maybe you can download a ringer tone of the voice from the movie The Fly..."help me, help me". :D Or the robot from Lost In Space..."danger Will Robinson, Danger".

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Cravin said:
That would be funny. Some alarms actually tell you to get back jack if you get too close. :)
I want the one from the SUX 2000 in Robocop! The one that shocks you to death when you sit in it! :eek:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If you get (or already have) a pager alarm, and plan to respond personally when you get an alarm, have in mind exactly what you are going to do with the two big guys with tire irons going through your car...

(Oh, and in my opinion a lojack is good for finding the larger pieces they didn't get to yet... )

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Tomas said:
If you get (or already have) a pager alarm, and plan to respond personally when you get an alarm, have in mind exactly what you are going to do with the two big guys with tire irons going through your car...

(Oh, and in my opinion a lojack is good for finding the larger pieces they didn't get to yet... )
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
my baby is brand new! just picked it up about 24 hours ago...problem is, i live in a shady area in LA and got the xB to replace my civic that got jacked + stripped about a month ago! my car came w/ the scion alarm system in it... but i'm not sure it's enuff... thinking about getting the club? is that enuff to keep proffesionals away? or can they steal it regardless? if the club works, i'll prob just get that, but if not thinking about lo-jack...but it's $$$!

·
Registered
234 Posts
devilish said:
my baby is brand new! just picked it up about 24 hours ago...problem is, i live in a shady area in LA and got the xB to replace my civic that got jacked + stripped about a month ago! my car came w/ the scion alarm system in it... but i'm not sure it's enuff... thinking about getting the club? is that enuff to keep proffesionals away? or can they steal it regardless? if the club works, i'll prob just get that, but if not thinking about lo-jack...but it's $$$!
After Market Alarm + Remote Kill Switch and Lo jack is a nice combo.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I once had some punks try yo steal my CR-X from me in broad daylight at a Burger King! Thanks to a vigilant cell phone user, the REx made it home safely.

Overall no matter how good the alarm or security, the bad guys will get your ride if they want it bad enough.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Factory keyless entry with the panic button, oh yeah! What are they going to steal, a bunch of one of a kind body parts that everyone in the USA knows are mine?!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Tomas, I live in Texas, and I know exactly how to handle a couple of car-thieves that have made the mistake of bringing tire-irons to a gunfight.

For all of you trivia buffs, Texas is the only state in the US that allows the use of deadly force to protect personal property.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Correction, Texas is not the only state anymore. Florida changed some of the "Castle Doctrine" laws to apply to property I.E. vehicles too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tomas, I live in Texas, and I know exactly how to handle a couple of car-thieves that have made the mistake of bringing tire-irons to a gunfight.

For all of you trivia buffs, Texas is the only state in the US that allows the use of deadly force to protect personal property.
not to sound like a weirdo, but california could use something like that;)

·
Banned
77 Posts
way i figure.. if someone wants to get in or even take your car...
they will do it. alarms may pose as a slight deterrent but if they
really want it bad enough they will get it.

i just make sure my insurance will fully cover my car if ever stolen.
and i never leave anything of value or irreplacable items in the car.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.