Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I know what you where thinking....and yes boobs are nice..but that's not where I'm going with this.... :D

I get flashed by opposing traffic ALL the time it seems because people think that I have my high beams on. It really just pisses me off. I do a lot of driving so I guess I get it frequently. The lights are stock and I don't even have flood lights. The only good that comes out of it is that I get some satisfaction in turning on the high beams for those people that flash me, so that they get thier retina's burned out! Those high beams are WICKED! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I get it alot as well, I'm also running Luminics. (Titaniums in my box, Hyper Whites in the wife's)

What's funny is I get flashed mostly by cars running HID's...... :confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
i used to get flashed constantly, but a couple months ago i was at the autorama in houston, and i bought some ultra blue bulbs and i dont have that problem of flashing anymore.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have not gotten flashed since I adjusted my headlight aim about 4 weeks ago, I didn't realize how high it was until I got it aimed lower.

I have aftermarket Phillips clear h4 bulbs...

·
Registered
949 Posts
i get flashed like every single day... when i was in florida last year with the xb i was flashed be every car for about 100 miles....

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I used to get flashed with Silverstars, now that I have HID's and fogs they are too scared.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
XB has some bright a$$ lights even stock. So i say flash away and then flash back .

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Funny just tonight I had a car slow down, change lanes and as I passed them they turn their high beams on me. So I flashed the high beams to show them they weren't on and they turned theirs off and dropped WAYYYY back.

First time flashed in the xB.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I get flashed quite a bit. I have Silverstars in place of my stockers. I wonder if the TRD springs...or any lowering spring, changes the back angle enough to cause our lowbeams to shine high. I know when I throw on my highbeams they seem to be too high in elevation....just above the road surface way ahead. I think I will try lowering the headlights a bit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i get flashed all the time...i have the jdm 1st gen bB headlights which are aimed the opposite way as the USDM ones, so people flash me all the times b/c its always shining in their eyes.....but i can see great with them =D i'm gonna re aim them one of these days...whenever i get my car back.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
NVFirefighter said:
I get flashed quite a bit. I have Silverstars in place of my stockers. I wonder if the TRD springs...or any lowering spring, changes the back angle enough to cause our lowbeams to shine high. I know when I throw on my highbeams they seem to be too high in elevation....just above the road surface way ahead. I think I will try lowering the headlights a bit.
I've wondered the same thing. I haven't been flashed but at times it seems like I can see way too far down the road with my Silverstars.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
ThunderGod said:
LOL, maybe you can lend me them nu rims that you scored at SE2, i can sit on them bro! hehehe
(that was a good one tho. =) )
yeah dude, you buy those wheels and I'll even throw in a nice squishy pillow to set on top :D orange or black? :p

·
Registered
206 Posts
i got hid and they are whitish blue so they know i/m using low beam but mine are super bright that they light up the street like they are high beam.

if you want to know if your light is to bright go follow a cop around if he stop and pull you over you know your to bright. i did it and didnt get pull over.

no flasher here

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.